Quick Recipe Ideas for Quiz Theme

dlmckay, May 26, 11:22pm
I am trying to think up a quick (20-30 min max - start to finish) idea for the baking day at the after school club I work at.The theme is QUIZZES.

Any bright sparks with ideas out there!

(The balls theme last week was SO much easier to think of than this one!)

falcon-hell, May 27, 12:20am
i'm a bit thick and don't really get what you mean. do you mean a quiz on quizzes! or something else!

winnie231, May 27, 12:45am
I don't understand what you're after either.
A quick baking recipe I guess but I'm not sure where the quizzes comes into it. Please explain a bit more and then we might be able to help you.

lurtz, May 27, 1:30am
If you Google 'Food Quizzes and Answers'you will find many interesting sites in cyber land. Even seasonal food quizzes:-)Below is a link to a more safety orientated quiz from NZ Consumer. Have fun browsing.

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/food-safety-quiz/quiz-answers

dlmckay, May 27, 1:32am
lol ok, more info.

Each week, I plan a week of activities based on a theme.This week the theme is quizzes and I have to think of something to do for the cooking day that related to that.

For example, last week was balls so the children made (non) rum balls and the week of the ANZAC day, we made Anzac biscuits.

So I'm trying to find a recipe that reflects on quizzes - I thought there was something called a monkey puzzle biscuit or cookie, but can't find anything on the web.

auntlb, May 27, 1:34am
question mark shaped cookies!

davidt4, May 27, 1:41am
Mystery ingredients!

auntlb, May 27, 1:47am
Or a "smell/taste the ingrediants" competition - where they have 10-15 different smells or tastes to identify

asue, May 27, 2:07am
a name cake - louise cake - an oldie many probably don't know

evorotorua, May 27, 2:29am
I like the idea of 'guess the ingredients" in a cake or biscuit. You could have little groups or individuals make a basic biscuit recipe and then each could add a mystery ingredient to their one. Once baked, there could be fun in trying to guess what that ingredient is. ideas like chocolate, coconut, almond essence,, vanilla, cinnamon, cheese etc. Great that you put so much thought into the kids. They will learn so much from you.

tramore, May 27, 3:48am
Why not make a plain biscuit which is cut into scrabble sized squares and ice with lettering.would that do!

huia991, May 27, 5:44pm
How about having them make their own mini pizzas - you could supply mini bases and a variety of ingredients - then after they're cooked - they try and guess each other's toppings!
Or maybe you could tell them they're going to make pizzas and have them bring their own toppings from home which others have to guess what they are.
Another way could be using any recipe but making a scavenger hunt using quiz questions to find the ingredients.Or a quiz to figure out words in the recipe then cook it.

mumstu, May 27, 10:14pm
Domino Slice! its a cadbury recipe off the box.

elliehen, May 28, 1:06am
Make pikelets in the shapes of letters!That would fit your 20-30 mins max time frame.

threecheers, May 28, 1:12am
There's an American recipe called Monkey Bread.You use "canned biscuits" (i.e. scones) dip in butter & cinnamon sugar. Place in greased cake pan. We always used an angel food cake pan. It may also be called pull-apart bread as it is easy to pick apart after you bake it. Thanks for the memories!

dlmckay, May 28, 1:17am
lol thanks for all the suggestions.We're going to try our hand at fortune cookies. one group of kids making fortunes for the other group and vice versa.

Bit of a tenuous link into the whole "question mark" theme, but there you go :)