HELP cookies without BP and baking soda

1olly1, May 14, 2:14am
We are visiting people next week and I would like to take a sweet slice or biscuits with us but they can't have either baking powder or baking soda in them. Would appreciate any recipes please

ETA: Forgot to say Dairy free too.

lilyfield, May 14, 2:18am
short bread

1olly1, May 14, 2:26am
Thanks lilyfield I just had to edit OP it has to be dairy free too.

elliehen, May 14, 2:33am
What about a muesli-type slice!I haven't made the one below, but something like this!

Ingredients

1 cup rolled oats
2 cups puffed rice cereal
1/3 cup rice flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup sultanas
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 cup dried apple, chopped
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tablespoons honey

Method

Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line base and sides of a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang.

Combine oats, cereal, flour, sugar, coconut, sultanas, apricots and apple in a bowl. Whisk oil, eggs and honey together in a jug. Stir into oat mixture.
Transfer to prepared pan. Using the back of a large metal spoon, press mixture into pan. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan. Cut into squares. Serve.

This slice is best stored in the refrigerator overnight before cutting into squares.

lilyfield, May 14, 2:52am
shortbread made with marg

vampiriousmist, May 14, 3:56am
how about a cake -made in a slice tin, usingvegetable oil instead of butter ! I was also going to suggest shortbread, but saw dairy free.

This could be a good site for ideas :)
http://www.godairyfree.org/201112095356/News/Nutrition-Headlines/A-Dozen-of-the-Best-Dairy-Free-Cookie-Recipes-for-the-Holidays.html

craig04, May 14, 6:46am
Allyson Gofton's Hinkler Squares. They are similar to flapjacks and really yummy - I make them with melted butter usually, but you could substitute with vegetable oil and a dash of salt.

1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
Dash of salt
200-250ml vege oil - try 200ml first, it just has to wet the other ingredients enough so it will stick together when you press it into a slice tin.

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Press the mixture really firmly into a greased and lined 20x30cm slice tin. Bake at 160deg for 25-30mins until golden. Leave to cool to lukewarm then cut into squares.

1olly1, May 15, 7:25am
Thank you all for your suggestion.