Gluten Free Orange Syrup Cake

samsara11, Apr 6, 7:25am
Does anyone have a recipe for this please?

poppy62, Apr 6, 7:30am
Yes - I do but I cant find it at the mo. You use semolina instead of flour! Would that be gluten free? ? ?

herika, Apr 6, 7:42pm
No - semolina is not gluten free :)

poppy62, Apr 6, 10:08pm
Okay - sorry about that! I thought it was. I have a fab recipie for a nut cake though that is most definitley gluten free. Pricey to make though!

valentino, Apr 7, 1:09am
Go to this website and check out his "Orange cake", it is awesome.

http://www.nzbaker.co.nz/index.htm

and is 100% gluten free.

pam.delilah, Apr 7, 6:01am
Go to trademe cooks web site via this linkhttp://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=622

and about half way down there is a Wheat Free Orange Citrus Cake made withalmond mealand rice flour,

herika, Apr 7, 6:06am
Sounds quite good, just make sure you use GF baking powder. I make my own : use two parts cream of tartar to one part baking soda :)

ruby19, Jan 10, 6:14pm
Lemon Drizzle cake, I would imagine you could change this to orange.
This is off the Goodfood web site so have not tried myself, but it sounds interesting.

200g butter , softened
200g golden caster sugar
4 eggs
175g ground almonds
250g mashed potatoes
zest 3 lemons
2 tsp gluten-free baking powder

4 tbsp granulated sugar
juice 1 lemon
Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter and line a deep, 20cm round cake tin. Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, then gradually add the egg, beating after each addition. Fold in the almonds, cold mashed potato, lemon zest and baking powder.
Tip into the tin, level the top, then bake for 40-45 mins or until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack after 10 mins cooling. Mix the granulated sugar and the lemon juice together, then spoon over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides. Let the cake cool completely before slicing.
Potato ricer If you have one, use a potato ricer to mash your potatoes; it will give a fantastically light and fine texture. Make it nut-free If you'd like to make this nut-free, as well as wheat-free, switch the ground almonds for polenta or wheat-free flour.