Making bread rolls - breadmaker

dibble35, Mar 1, 6:17pm
Hey, lost the instruction manual so dont know how this works, I assume the machine will beep at me after the dough has finished rising!Oh yeah, go back a step, I assume the ingrediants are the same for bread and rolls! or rather french type stick, I want to make garlic bread eventually. So after beep! do I roll it out to a couple of fat 'ropes' and then bake it for how long! Thanks so much for any help.

dibble35, Mar 1, 8:42pm
Thanks sam, just trolled thru the first 3 pages and got a few recipes i'd like to try. But not the info i'm after. I'll just go ahead with a trial run today of what I think may work and see how they turn out, need them for a BBQ tomorrow night, ta

245sam, Mar 1, 9:05pm
dibble35, I'm not sure if it matters but what kind of breadmaker do you have!I have a Panasonic so if you wish I could post the recipe from the breadmaker's instruction manual.I also have Alison Holst's Bread Book if the recipe from that book would help.:-))

dibble35, Mar 1, 9:26pm
hey sam, i've got a sunbeam bakehouse, i've got a couple of recipes i got off here, one for a french loaf. I'm gonna try that, its more the bit after its been mixed and i assume risen in the bread maker that i dont know. So thanks, But i'll just have a go, unless you can see something diff in the recipes for rolls as opposed to loaf of bread. ta. Wish i could find the instruction manual/recipe book that came with this breadmaker, i've looked everywhere for it, it'll be tucked away somewhere with all the warrenties and instruction manuals for all the diff appliances around the place. I remember seeing them all a few years ago, but maybe someones chucked them out :-(

245sam, Mar 1, 9:36pm
another thought dibble35.Many appliance manuals can be sourced on-line and you may be able to source another one for breadmaker from:-

http://www.sunbeam.com.au/au/home/

Hope that helps.:-))

camper18, Mar 2, 2:03am
I would set the B/M to DOUGH and then take it out and form your rolls ,cover and let rise again before baking in the oven. I do this with my spice buns.
If you take it out at the "beep" it won't be long enough as this is when you usually put in any fruit or nuts.

dibble35, Mar 2, 4:39am
I ended up doing that camper, think I over did the rising bit though. Took dough out of B/M, put in covered bowl let it rise for few hours. shaped it into 2french stix, let them rise for another hour,then baked, was really tasty but bit deformed and too close together on the tray. Was going to make garlic bread tomorrow for BBQ but might make foccacia instead, found a recipe for that which sounds nice, just wish I had some rosemary, only have fresh basil, which might do, or maybe other dried herbs instead

dibble35, Mar 2, 7:17pm
perfect kinna, thanks, after trolling thru my cookbooks I found an alison holst one that had a section on bread. was quite good as had instructions on how to make in a breadmaker or by hand. They had a foccacia one but i think yours is a bit easier to understand so will try it and let you know how I got on,thanks

dibble35, Mar 2, 9:45pm
Its in the bread maker now, kneading away. Hope it turns out OK. It sort of went against the other bread recipes that i've been doing lately. Adding the dry ingredients before the wet and using plain flour rather than high grade, went and bought myself a rosemary plant as I figure i'll be making it a bit from now on, and gotta have rosemary on top. So that was my splurge, only thing i've had to buy to take to this BBQ tonight. Rest was already in the pantry/freezer.

kinna54, Mar 3, 12:15am
Hey Dibble a note for the future. I"m sorry I never picked up on the wording in the recipe, I use high grade flourfor all my bread, plain flour probably means as innot self raising in that instance. Hope you didn't go to the expense of buying more flour.
Leave it to rest in a warm place before baking, you can leave it for quite a while, depending upon the weather, in cooler days I tend to leave it resting longer. Hope it's a roaring success.

dibble35, Mar 3, 2:19am
Well it rose and cooked beautifully, hope it tastes as good as it looks. Topped it with olive oil, chopped basil and rosemary and oregano and rock salt. It was a very wet mix though. dont know whether I mis-measured the flour or water. I ended up putting in about another 1/3-1/2 cup flour and it seemed to come right. Have the taste test in a few hours, looking forward to it.