Fruit with cornflake topping!

carlos57, Dec 3, 6:00am
I've just remembered an easy dessert that my mum often made, but I'm not sure of quantities. The topping was just cornflakes, brown sugar and butter (I think), and it was sprinkled over stewed fruit (usually peaches) and then baked. Anyone know the quantities, baking temp and time! Would ask my mum but she's not very well at the moment. Thanks :)

ams7, Dec 3, 7:21am
Not sure if this is the one you are looking for but it is the best crumble recipe I've had.2oz Butter, 4oz Sugar, 1/4 tsp Vailla Essence, 1 Egg, 1/4 tsp nutmeg & cinnamon, 2 Cups Cornflakes, 1 Cup Coconut. Mix together and place over the top of stewed fruit. Bake 180oC for about 30 mins

softlysoftly8, Dec 3, 9:07am
Hi Carlos57.I have the following topping.1 tblsp butter, 1 tblsp brown sugar,1 tblsp Golden syrup,4 cups cornflakes.Sprinkle over stewed fruit and serve with icecream.( No further baking of the topping)Easy ! and yummy. cheers

guardy, Dec 3, 6:57pm
Yum.Mum used to make this too.I make it with using the same quantity of brown sugar and butter (a couple of Tablespoon of each).Melt in the microwave and mix in the cornflakes (enough for the mixture to cover them).When it's a bit cooler I add some choc chips.You can keep it in a container in the fridge for a few days.if any is left over!We don't cook it on fruit or anything but it's yummy as is on fruit with icecream

carlos57, Dec 3, 8:13pm
Thanks everyone :)