Chilli sauce, Dijon mustard! - NZ versions!

nunesy, Nov 29, 2:05am
Hi, I want to make a recipe for Comeback Sauce (like a bbq or salad dressing from the American South) that needs chilli sauce and Dijon mustard. is chilli sauce the same as our sweet chilli sauce!And is the mustard the bottled version, or mustard powder!I never know when recipes say '1 tsp mustard' which one they mean.Thanks very much.

southerngurl, Nov 29, 2:10am
you can buy dijon mustard, its in the condiment section. chilli sauce, would that be like Tabasco sauce!

davidt4, Nov 29, 2:12am
Dijon mustard is in a pot labelled "Dijon Mustard".Most supermarkets stock Maille brand, which is fine.

I can't help with the chilli sauce sorry, because I'm not familiar with Comeback Sauce, but I don't think Thai sweet chilli sauce would be what is required.Maybe Tabasco!.

rainrain1, Nov 29, 5:20am
Sweet chilli sauce and any ready mixed mustard would be ok.You could also use dry mustard mixed with a little water

nunesy, Nov 29, 7:57am
Thanks everyone, the chilli sauce isn't Tabasco because Tabasco is also in the ingredients list!The Comeback sauce is like a sort of ranch dressing. haven't found any other type of chilli sauce here but I might try the sweet chilli and hope for the best!

sarahb5, Nov 29, 8:41am