Belly pork, how big a kg piece to fill a standard

beebs, Nov 25, 12:26am
roasting dish do you think i would need - im cooking it similar to annabel langbeins way in milk

fisher, Nov 25, 12:40am
2.5 ish.I use 1.5ish to fill my smaller roasting dish. as there's only two of us.You should be able to see the physical size of it when you buy it.

beebs, Nov 25, 12:44am
thanks fisher, i was going to pre-order, i think i will just ask when im in the butcher - i was just going to try and sound like i know what im talking about

fisher, Nov 25, 12:54am
Just tell him you want a piece the size of a roasting dish. he wont know the difference.lol. It's my fav piece of pork now and done that way is very nice indeed. Pork.one of the cheapest meat now.

beebs, Nov 25, 1:10am
i know - its great and with the belly pork there is no waste :)

griffo4, Nov 25, 1:34am
l made it in my big roasting dish but had to put more milk in than stated and it lost its flavour a bit so will cut the next one in half and make it in a smaller dish for 2
l should have put in more sage leaves instead of the 2 or 3 stated but it was still very nice

beebs, Nov 25, 1:42am
so recipes say 1-1.5 of belly pork feeds four people.there is other meat i will be serving, so for 10-12 people - 3-4kg's! Will that fit in the roasting pan! SHould I keep it as one piece - or cut it up!

gardie, Nov 25, 7:08am
I made this is my ceramic dish - when I added the milk, the dish cracked.Definitely needs to be in a metal dish!(Haven't made it since as I don't have a small one suitable).

jodyw1, Nov 25, 8:03am
Nice to know I'm not the only person that that happened to!

beaker59, Nov 25, 9:17am
Take the dish to your butcher so he can cut it too order. I have a pet pork butcher who takes me into the chiller so I can select the pig as well :)