Left over mashed spuds! I have bacon, tomato's

aurora5, Aug 18, 1:59am
and cheese and onions and!What can I do with all or not all of this.Or even add other stuff I have in my pantry.I am so bored with the usual things.Anyone out there with a bright idea!Thanks.

vintagekitty, Aug 18, 2:17am
I'd make fritters with them

cgvl, Aug 18, 2:42am
have you a tin of tuna or salmon in cupboard --- fish cakes
bacon and onion and potatoes mixed together for vegie cakes add any other grated vege you have as well.
Mince make a cottage pie with the potatoes on top.
mix grated cheese and onion into potatoes and stuff sausages with the mix. cook sausages split in half but not quite through and fill with the potato mix.

go_redandblack, Aug 18, 2:44am
Bubble and Squeak

korbo, Aug 18, 3:01am
use sandwich bread and make cases, and then mix all the things you have plus and egg, and pile into the cases. bake 180 for 15-20mins. yummmy

kinna54, Aug 18, 3:04am
potato balls. just mik all ingredients including chooped cooked bacon and choopped tomato, together to form compact balls, flour, dip or roll in beaten egg, and then breadcrumbs. You can repeat thedipping and coating to get a thicker crumb, but chill well before each re-dipping. Deep fry to cook. They are yummy.

aurora5, Aug 18, 3:34am
There are some good ideas there.I'm going to print them out to keep.Love the potato balls idea.That sounds like a good one to take camping.And hadn't thought of fish cakes.Time tolok in pantry.
thank you for the ideas.

lythande1, Aug 18, 3:43am
Oh yum.

Could just fry up spud, serve with bacon and grilled tomato.

Or make a pie, mash on top, browned. YUM!

jessie981, Aug 18, 5:00am
Tin of spaghetti or baked beans in a casserole dish. Finely chop onion & add to mashed potato, spread on top, then add bacon. Heat through until mixture bubbles. Add grated cheese & pt under grill until cheese browns slightly.

bk02, Aug 20, 8:07am
Mix your mashed spud, bacon,onion add some cheese and spread out on flaky pastry then roll up and then slice into the size you would like (say maybe 4cm thick).Really yummi and easy

suzanna, Aug 20, 9:01am
For a change-
Add garlic and sour cream to mashed potato. Form into balls, place on oven tray and press with a fork. A little parmesan over the top and bake at 220 until golden.
I vary herbs, peppers with the parmesan to ring the changes. I prefer these to sables.

theanimal1, Aug 21, 9:19am
Potato Blocks

1 egg
1 Tblsp chopped parsley
pepper and salt to taste
2 cups mashed potato
1/2 cup flour
Add egg, parsley, pepper and salt to mashed potato. Then add enough flour to make mixture firm. Press out on a floured board like scone mixture. Cut into blocks. Fry both sides till crisp

rainrain1

wachael1, Aug 22, 10:12pm
Potato "Pizza"

Spread your leftover mashed spud on baking paper on a baking tray (in the shape of a pizza base).Sprinkle over cheese, diced onion, diced tomato - whatever you want really.Bake in oven until cheese melted and it crisps up a bit.Nice side dish to use up leftover mashed spuds!

tarshlove, Aug 23, 5:08am
Fry up nom nom :) add some butter and what ever else you like and fry it up