Vital wheat gluten

dumbdumb2, Jul 16, 11:55pm
HELPdoes any one no where I can find this product please. Have been looking everywhere for it. Or am I just blind.

aly5, Jul 16, 11:57pm
Are you referring to gluten flour?

dumbdumb2, Jul 17, 12:32am
No it's not a flour. You use it in baking recipes. To make up the bake mix you need the following ingredients.
1 cup ground almonds
2/3 cup gold flax seed (grounded)
1/3 cup vital wheat gluten
1/3 cup vanilla whey protein
4tsp baking powder
If i can find the vital wheat gluten these ingredients replace all flour uses in any recipe.

buzzy110, Jul 17, 12:35am
I think maybe she is. Find gluten flour in the flour section of your supermarket. Healtheries sells it so it is in a Healtheries pale greeny plastic, resealable bag. Usually there is a shelf with a selection of products in the same bag, but different names, all lined up. In our P-n-S it is on the top shelf.

buzzy110, Jul 17, 12:40am
Oh I see. I posted too early. Would the Vital be a capital letter by any chance as I suspect it is a brand name. I think there is a cereal called Vital Wheat as well.

Gluten is the "glue" extracted from the wheat grain. It binds stuff together in baking. I'm pretty certain that your recipe is calling for ordinary old gluten flour as none of those other ingredients will hold together by themselves.

aly5, Jul 17, 12:42am
Just did a search online, and they are the same thing. Like buzzy110 saids, I also use the Healtheries one, and it's normally in amongst the flour products or nearby. Sometimes I find it near the Healtheries products like ground linseed, flaxseeds, LSA also on the top shelf. Relatively common in most supermarkets, as it's in most bread recipes.

aly5, Jul 17, 12:54am
High Gluten Flour, is ordinary flour with extra gluten added to it - as opposed to pure flour/standard flour. The gluten flour we're talking about is bought separately - the Healtheries brand is actually called Ground Gluten Flour.

ferita, Jul 17, 5:31am
it is gluten flour, they call it vital wheat gluten in USA

You can get it at binn inn or healthries makes it and is sold at supermarkets

dumbdumb2, Jul 17, 6:25am
Thank you so much guys now I can make me a cake