Sugar/gluten/dairy/egg free vegetarian recipes??

Page 1 / 2
kizzier, May 25, 6:48am
Yes i know it makes you think, well what can you eat lol...BUT I desperately need some fantastic recipes for dinner next week, as my Mum is on the above restrictions and I want to cater especially for her.

Any help much appreciated!

bedazzledjewels, May 25, 7:07am
Good lord! Starting to look just like steamed veges!

deus701, May 25, 7:59am
lol you must have a hard time growing up

frances1266, May 25, 8:00am
These websites will help"
Glutenfree goddess
Notes from the vegan feast kitchen
Diet, Dessert and Dogs
Plenty more out there, try google
Will bump up the vegetarian thread for you, will be something suitable there

kizzier, May 25, 8:01am
Well...no..I'm grown up. I am a mother myself now. But I have my mother coming for dinner and as part of her approach to fighting melanoma in her lymph nodes she is restricting her diet from the above mentioned.

I realise it is very restrictive and am thankful i myself don't have to restrict my diet in the same way - I myself am just gluten free vegetarian.

i know there are others out there who will love food and have similar restrictions so thought I would ask for recipes. I don't think it will eb too hard to cater to this for one night so as not to make her feel as outcast as she probably normally does.

deus701, May 25, 8:08am
For someone like that, I would be looking at something very basic. Maybe seafood cooked simply for mains, a fruit kebab or choc dipped strawberries for dessert. I tried a new recipe today : Choc Fondant Cake. Its gluten free but not dairy or sugar free unfortunately.

kizzier, May 25, 8:27am
No chocolate, it has sugar, and no seafood as she is vegetarian!

thank you frances :)

pom-pom, May 25, 8:54am
For main meals vegetable curries - made with coconut milk as the sauce base and served with rice would be good. Hunt around on google for recipe ideas - pumpkin and cocunut make great curry bases and you can spice to suit yourself. Vegetable dahls are great too but take a while to cook. You can cook muffins if you replace the milk with soy milk and banana which add natural sweetness. Can you use Splenda for baking? If so go to their website as they'll be recipes on there which may be suitable. There is also a website which I think goes by the name of the sensitive pantry (??) which may be worth checking out. Rice puddings are good made with vanilla soy milk (check the sugar content) or can be made with plain soy milk and sweetened with banana or other fruits.

ruby19, May 25, 9:04pm
vegetarian chili served with quinoa, curries, risottos, falafels served in a salad style meal.
If you check out the vegetarian recipe thread there are quite a few options, there, some may need just a little bit of a tweak.

cgvl, May 25, 9:51pm
Hi this is a vegan site that is interesting to have a look at.http://www.vegkitchen.com/
I have somewhere amongst all my recipes a list of gluten free flours.
As to sugar free, I would leave it out, just check to see if she uses a substitute for sweetness.
I make a mini pav minus the sugar and use maize cornflour in it. It doesn't have the same height or volume as an ordinary pav but great for a diabetic.

coolcabbage, May 25, 10:45pm
Good on you OP for going to such effort for your Mum.Hope her hard work on diet pays off for her also.I have a gluten free diabetic diet but eat eggs, dairy and chicken/fish/meat still so not much help.

kizzier, May 26, 6:48am
Yes i know it makes you think, well what can you eat lol.BUT I desperately need some fantastic recipes for dinner next week, as my Mum is on the above restrictions and I want to cater especially for her.

Any help much appreciated!

kizzier, May 26, 7:10am
Thanks guys, there are a good few options here so will get googling. Cheers.

uli, May 26, 8:01am
Sugar/gluten/dairy/egg free vegetarian recipes??
While melanoma is a very severe disease - I think I would personally eat some more protein to help the body along. Vegetarian with no eggs and dairy leaves only lentils, beans and soy - all of which are not easy to digest and not easy for the body to use.

So by the looks you can only do tofu, beans, lentils and vegetables.

No fruit as that contains heaps of sugar, no eggs nor dairy.

All the best to your mum.

kizzier, May 26, 8:01am
Well.no.I'm grown up. I am a mother myself now. But I have my mother coming for dinner and as part of her approach to fighting melanoma in her lymph nodes she is restricting her diet from the above mentioned.

I realise it is very restrictive and am thankful i myself don't have to restrict my diet in the same way - I myself am just gluten free vegetarian.

i know there are others out there who will love food and have similar restrictions so thought I would ask for recipes. I don't think it will eb too hard to cater to this for one night so as not to make her feel as outcast as she probably normally does.

kizzier, May 26, 8:51am
She knows what she is doing :)
And she eats fruit. Not processed sugar. Anyway, was just after recipes, not opinions! But seems you get more than you bargain for around here! :)

pom-pom, May 26, 8:54am
For main meals vegetable curries - made with coconut milk as the sauce base and served with rice would be good. Hunt around on google for recipe ideas - pumpkin and cocunut make great curry bases and you can spice to suit yourself. Vegetable dahls are great too but take a while to cook. You can cook muffins if you replace the milk with soy milk and banana which add natural sweetness. Can you use Splenda for baking! If so go to their website as they'll be recipes on there which may be suitable. There is also a website which I think goes by the name of the sensitive pantry (!) which may be worth checking out. Rice puddings are good made with vanilla soy milk (check the sugar content) or can be made with plain soy milk and sweetened with banana or other fruits.

frances1266, May 26, 9:59am
The vegkitchen link that cvgl gave looks very good.There is a link on the left hand side to a video by Miyoko Schinner's Vegan Alfredo Sauce.This recipe is excellent and would recommend it highly.The video is about 9 minutes long from memory.Is quick and easy, just remember to soak the cashews overnight!

cgvl, May 26, 9:51pm
Hi this is a vegan site that is interesting to have a look at.http://www.vegkitchen.com/
I have somewhere amongst all my recipes a list of gluten free flours.
As to sugar free, I would leave it out, just check to see if she uses a substitute for sweetness.
I make a mini pav minus the sugar and use maize cornflour in it. It doesn't have the same height or volume as an ordinary pav but great for a diabetic.

moore79, May 26, 10:48pm
Chocolate Icecream
2 Frozen Bananas (soak in warm water until peel comes off easily)
2 tsp of good quality Cocoa
Slice Bananas up quickly into 1 cm slices.Put Bananas and Cocoa into a Food Processor and blend until smooth.

To make extra special you can put nuts or coconut with it.Make sure you use a food processor and not a blender.

Serve with fruit.

Eat immediately.

moore79, May 26, 10:50pm
THE BEST VEGETARIAN CURRY RECIPE
Boil 1 cup of green lentils until soft (20 minutes) and put aside
Oil
1 onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1 tsp mustard seeds
Sunflower seeds
FRY IN FRYING PAN

ADD TO FRYING PAN
2 Peeled Pototoes cut into 1 cm cubes

MIX AND THEN ADD TO FRYING PAN
1 cup of water
1tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp coriander
1 tsp salt
pepper

Cook for 10 minutes or until pototoes nearly cooked.

ADD TO FRYING PAN
2 large leaves of spinach cut finely
1 carrot grated
1 corgette grated
Cauliflower

ADD TO FRYING PAN
1 tin of Watties Indian Tomotoes (just check to see there is no sugar in this)
Cooked Green lentils

Cook untilpototoes are cooked, stirring occassionally.

jaybe11, May 26, 10:54pm
You can get sugar free choclate,
Try tempura vegies- cut vegies chunky and microwave a little and cool.
Make batter with potoato flour and water with a lil rice bran oil and a little salt let sit for at least 30 min.
Lightly toss veg (including pumpkin so good) in potato/rice flour mix and then dip in batter and deep fry.. so good. Nice served with home made chutney

kizzier, May 26, 11:31pm
Thanks guys, i'm going to go indian, and make a vege korma, dahl, some GF flat breads, pappadams and some bhaji....

frances1266, May 27, 3:17am
That sounds great kizzier, I love Indian food.If you need a bhaji recipe the one I have made for years is at the bottom of page 2 of the Tasty and easy vegetarian recipe thread which I will bump up for you.

frances1266, May 27, 9:59am
The vegkitchen link that cvgl gave looks very good.There is a link on the left hand side to a video by Miyoko Schinner's Vegan Alfredo Sauce.This recipe is excellent and would recommend it highly.The video is about 9 minutes long from memory.Is quick and easy, just remember to soak the cashews overnight!