I would like 2 recipes please

holdenfanz, Mar 15, 7:42am
I would like a yum recipe for fry bread.
I would also like a yum recipe for caramel meringue slice please

245sam, Mar 15, 7:45am
Have a look at:-

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=165186

homelygirl0011, Mar 15, 8:51am
Fried bread, 2 teaspoons of b powder to one cup flour, add salt 1/3tspoon, or a pinch. Make a well in the middle, add water, continue to blend, while adding water, till the mixture is wet, but keep adding flour so it comes away from the bowl. Clean your bowl out, and place on a floured bench, knead the dough, and bring the side's to the middle, moving your dough evenly on the bench. Keep adding flour, so dough is not sticking to the bench, but not to much, so it wont dry out, or get lumps in it. knead for about ten min, until nicely shaped like a ball. You can use a rolling pin, or just just use the back of your knuckles. Don't flatten out to much, you want them to rise, as thick as the side of your finger, i m sure will be fine, and always fry when the fat is hot. Oil is okay to use, just chuck a flake of flour in, to see if it's hot enough, but keep watching them, so they don't burn, and turn it down, if your not in control. Fry till golden brown, I can give you another recipe to make takako, without b powder, you cook it in the oven, and one using sure to rise, (yeast). I check back with and see how you got on with this one. Good Luck

homelygirl0011, Mar 15, 8:53am
Since its your first time, i think you should use self raising, you can't go wrong then, chow for now

holdenfanz, Mar 15, 11:18pm
Thank you hubby will make it today and I'll let you know how he gets on

holdenfanz, Nov 5, 1:07pm
HI Homelygirl0011 Thank you very much the fry bread was so yummy hubby made it for lunch