Low carb lunch, what to do?

annie642, Jan 6, 3:18am

manukarose1, Jan 6, 3:22am
I made a yummy couscous last night.
I lightly fried an onion and some garlic then
Instead of adding water or chicken stock I added Orange juice.
Squeeze of lemon.
Cumin
pepper
almonds
3 diced apricots
mint
parsley
capsicum and
avocado.
A little chili is nice too.

davidt4, Jan 6, 3:23am
It may be nice but it's hardly low carb.

ant_sonja, Jan 6, 3:33am
Its not cold now :-) however, I like to eat warm salads in the winter time. Roast beef & veggie Salad seasoned with a tuscan herb mix, olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast in oven then leave to cool a little and mix with a dressing of your choice. I like wholegrain mustard/Mayo/lemon juice.or an avocado dressing.

spawnman, Jan 6, 4:37am
Soy & linseed bread is good for low carb diets as the GI is good.
I am on a low carb diet too & eat this bread once a day as recommended in the celebslim maintenance programme.

vintagekitty, Jan 6, 5:01am
op posted this in may, Wonder if she is still doing low carb!

cookessentials, Jan 6, 6:08am
You can use two slices of Burgen Soy lin bread as part of a low carb diet. Add in your portion of protein, such as chicken, salad greens, sliced tomato and you have a good size sandwich. You can use two slices of mountain bread which is a low carb "wrap" style bread and is also lo carb. I often use my portion of cheese, some finely diced red onion and a little tomato and a sprinkle of herbs, then roll each up and zap in the microwave to give myself a mountain bread melt.

uli, Jan 8, 8:01am
taniajane - how are you going!

taniajane, May 14, 10:08pm
Hi all.
6 months into low carb.Im mostly sticking to it but im starting to have trouble with lunches going into colder weather, i have mean hankerings for toasted sammies now its to cold for salads.
As a farmer i need something filling to keep me going for the rest of the day out in the cold.Im currently doing soup but its getting boring and time consuming (i don't use packets/tins) and it leaves me hanging out for bread.
Brekkie is eggs with veges and sometimes ham or bacon and a bit of vogels. then a shake or hummus/tuna/grapes for morning snack.
Hope you have ideas/websites/recipes that will get me over this hump.

prawn_whiskas, May 14, 11:41pm
Anything you would have for dinner or breakfast or lunch... all meals are interchangeable.. have a steak and eggs with tomato, left overs reheated, bacon and eggs.

or hit the LC cooking in style website and wade through the pages and pages of recipes and ideas there.

kirinesha, May 15, 1:24am
Taniajane, have you tried the low carb bread or flaxseed focaccia recipes on the site Prawn_Whiskas mentioned? There are also muffin recipes too (savoury and sweet) and wraps. I use the wrap or the focaccia to make cheese, ham and tomato toasties.

taniajane, May 15, 10:08pm
Hi all.
6 months into low carb.Im mostly sticking to it but im starting to have trouble with lunches going into colder weather, i have mean hankerings for toasted sammies now its to cold for salads.
As a farmer i need something filling to keep me going for the rest of the day out in the cold.Im currently doing soup but its getting boring and time consuming (i don't use packets/tins) and it leaves me hanging out for bread.
Brekkie is eggs with veges and sometimes ham or bacon and a bit of vogels. then a shake or hummus/tuna/grapes for morning snack.
Hope you have ideas/websites/recipes that will get me over this hump.

prawn_whiskas, May 15, 11:41pm
Anything you would have for dinner or breakfast or lunch. all meals are interchangeable. have a steak and eggs with tomato, left overs reheated, bacon and eggs.

or hit the LC cooking in style website and wade through the pages and pages of recipes and ideas there.

kirinesha, May 16, 1:24am
Taniajane, have you tried the low carb bread or flaxseed focaccia recipes on the site Prawn_Whiskas mentioned! There are also muffin recipes too (savoury and sweet) and wraps. I use the wrap or the focaccia to make cheese, ham and tomato toasties.