Yoghurt made from coconut milk

Page 3 / 3
uli, Apr 11, 6:05am
Why not simply use a spoonful of sugar janny3!

janny3, Apr 15, 3:55am
Wonderful in chicken curry to replace sour cream/yoghurt/coconut cream.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Co-Yo/170274286344802

jan2242, Apr 18, 4:18am
Can anyone tell what I have done wrong? Have made this twice now and all I get is a runny coconut yoghurt tasting milk. Why hasn't mine set, if that's the word? Use cyclops yoghurt and blood temp, so what other trick is there please??

prawn_whiskas, Apr 18, 4:47am
How are you incubating it and are you 100% sure that your starter yogurt is alive (most even though they claim they are on the pack are well and truely dead by the time you have bought them)

If is a starter issue you may have to take a day or two and let it sit on the bench or in the hot water closet for a few days with some fresh milk so the bugs can come back to life.

jan2242, Apr 18, 5:11am
I use an esi- yo yoghurt container and as far as the starter- how would I know if it is still live?? Perhaps I should try it in the container with more hot water for a time? I don't have a hot water cupboard (never have hot water on).

uli, Apr 18, 8:33am
Why don't you simply buy a yoghurt starter rather than a made up finished yoghurt?

jan2242, Apr 19, 4:18am
Can anyone tell what I have done wrong! Have made this twice now and all I get is a runny coconut yoghurt tasting milk. Why hasn't mine set, if that's the word! Use cyclops yoghurt and blood temp, so what other trick is there please!

jan2242, Apr 19, 5:11am
I use an esi- yo yoghurt container and as far as the starter- how would I know if it is still live! Perhaps I should try it in the container with more hot water for a time! I don't have a hot water cupboard (never have hot water on).

uli, Apr 19, 8:33am
Why don't you simply buy a yoghurt starter rather than a made up finished yoghurt!

carolt, Apr 28, 10:36pm
I made a batch yesterday from the recipe on this thread and 24 hours later is still runny but has separated a bit. I used plain Greek yoghurt and honey.If this doesn't work where do I buy yoghurt starter.

uli, Apr 29, 8:19am
I would not use honey in the making of yoghurt.
You are bringing in a whole new lot of bacteria there.
You can add that later if you want it - once the yoghurt is finished.

The "plain Greek yoghurt" might have been heat treated and had no live bacteria left.
Buy a starter (or even one of those packs for the yoghurt makers) - much better than to rely on some old shop bought yoghurt.

carolt, Apr 29, 10:36pm
I made a batch yesterday from the recipe on this thread and 24 hours later is still runny but has separated a bit. I used plain Greek yoghurt and honey.If this doesn't work where do I buy yoghurt starter.