Where do you buy yoghurt makers?

lisa2211, Feb 8, 5:38am
Also Is there different brands? if so whats the best.. thanks

dollmakernz, Feb 8, 5:45am
You can get the Easyo one from the supermarket and its really easy to use and doesn't need power. In the jar mix the powder with water and place it in the flask. Pour boiling water from the jug into the flask! Close it up and leave overnight. The Greek yoghurt mix is sooooo nice!

elliehen, Feb 8, 5:50am
You sometimes see this brand in new condition in a charity shop for about $5.00.It does a good job.

lilyfield, Feb 8, 5:55am
sally army- 5-10 $

245sam, Feb 8, 6:16am
Yes lisa2211, there are different brands.
Of the non-powered version there are two brandsi.e. Easiyo and Hansells, that are readily available in most supermarkets, as well as here on Trademe and other places as advised above.
As far as which is the best of those two brands, I'm sorry I can't advise, but I am very happy with my Easiyo Yoghurt Maker although I/we do tend to favour the actual Hansell yoghurt mix.:-))

eastie3, Feb 8, 7:41am
I bought mine on TM for $1.50,so it is worth having a look..
I tend to buy whatever is on special,but mostly Hansells for flavours and EasiYo for the plain - reduced fat and Greek.I especially like the passionfruit which I have just used in a banana loaf and banana muffins.

kiwibubbles, Feb 8, 7:43am
Farmers sell the Easiyo ones for about $20

lisa2211, Feb 8, 8:26am
Great thanks for that everyone

books4nz, Feb 8, 9:42am
I'm not sure of the quantities - a friend makes her own yoghurt mix, using milk, some milk powder and a large tablespoon of her previous batch of yoghurt - you could also use purchased yoghurt for the latter. She adds fruit when serving.

holly-rocks, Feb 8, 9:57am
I got a Easyo from new world last week and i think it was around $25. Loving the unsweetened Greek yoghurt! Soo good (:

lynja, Feb 8, 6:14pm
does it work out cheaper making your own greek yoghurt this way?

lisa2211, Feb 8, 6:58pm
Thats why I want one to make greek yoghurt so i can make the chesse from it..

lisa2211, Feb 8, 6:59pm
oh and for the kids

lilyfield, Feb 8, 9:06pm
anything you make yourself works out cheaper

eljayv, Feb 8, 9:11pm
You can make cheese from any yoghurt by just dripping it through a fine muslin cloth.I prefer the electric yoghurt makers and have three which I use, you can make yoghurt in a much shorter time with them.Sometimes I use one for making yoghurt with cream which is like creme fraiche and one for a flavoured yoghurt for another family member.I like plain yoghurt with my breakfast.To get a cheap electric the old Kambrook ones which I have come up all the time for $10 - $15.

245sam, Feb 8, 9:19pm
Absolutely lynja, the yoghurt sachets (Easiyo or Hansells) can often be bought 'on special' for $2.89 - $3.29 and each sachet makes 1 litre/Kg yoghurt.
A couple of months or so ago, which was the last time I took notice of the off the shelf/not 'on special' price of 1 Kg Greek Yoghurt it was around $7, so there is no comparison re the price of Greek Yoghurt.:-))

supercook, Feb 9, 12:17am
Have just started this year making own yoghurt, so simply. Have been buying hansells as has been on special at supermarket $2.45. Must try the greek as everyone is saying how nice it is.

holly-rocks, Apr 4, 5:52pm
Its sooo good! I love the unsweetened one ( from Easyo ) as i like the tartness of it. The bf prefers the Greek honey one.
I found it became alot thicker after 3-4 days in the fridge too.
So good and so much cheaper than the supermarket stuff

:)