Pork shoulder chops

otterhound, Mar 21, 6:19am
Have some wild pork shoulder chops that I dug out from the dark recesses of the freezer, and now realize I have no idea what to do with them!Obviously they'll need to be casseroled somehow, but I've never done that before with pork so have no idea what to put in it!Can someone help please?Something simple, just to get these things eaten!TIA=)

beaker59, Mar 21, 6:35am
Brown the chops sliced apples and onions some garlic and butter if the chops are lean sage thyme and Rosemary Salt and pepper. Add Cider or white wine for liquids, cook until tender thicken as desired couldn't be simpler.

otterhound, Mar 21, 6:57am
Thank you!Now for a quick dash down to the stables for apples.Or maybe I'll try fresh nashi pears - cos it's blowing a gale and raining cats and dogs.Hey it'll work or it won't - either way we'll eat it tonight.You are my new hero! =)

otterhound, Mar 21, 8:55am
Thank you beaker - they were bl**dy lovely!I will never be afraid of pork shoulder chops again!PSThe nashi's worked just fine-sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures=)

beaker59, Mar 21, 12:00pm
You are welcome glad the Nashi's work though honestly I think any fruit would have done.

otterhound, Mar 22, 6:19am
Have some wild pork shoulder chops that I dug out from the dark recesses of the freezer, and now realize I have no idea what to do with them!Obviously they'll need to be casseroled somehow, but I've never done that before with pork so have no idea what to put in it!Can someone help please!Something simple, just to get these things eaten!TIA=)

beaker59, Mar 22, 6:35am
Brown the chops sliced apples and onions some garlic and butter if the chops are lean sage thyme and Rosemary Salt and pepper. Add Cider or white wine for liquids, cook until tender thicken as desired couldn't be simpler.

otterhound, Mar 22, 6:57am
Thank you!Now for a quick dash down to the stables for apples.Or maybe I'll try fresh nashi pears - cos it's blowing a gale and raining cats and dogs.Hey it'll work or it won't - either way we'll eat it tonight.You are my new hero! =)

otterhound, Mar 22, 8:55am
Thank you beaker - they were bl**dy lovely!I will never be afraid of pork shoulder chops again!PSThe nashi's worked just fine-sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures=)

beaker59, Mar 22, 12:00pm
You are welcome glad the Nashi's work though honestly I think any fruit would have done.