Lamb Neck Chops?!

shedz2, Jan 8, 8:29am
Have some lamb neck chops. Would like to cook them in slow cooker, have never had them before! Any ideas as to what to put with them and how long etc .....
Thanks for your suggestions :)

amb3, Jan 8, 8:58am
This is our "chop stew" we make all the time in winter - brown the chops in a little fat/oil. Put them in the slow cooker.Brown some chopped onion in the pan, with some garlic if liked.Then add a swish (whatever quantity you like) each of tomato sauce, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce.Add water and put all into cooker to cover or come to top of meat.Quantity will vary depending on meat size.Cook on slow for the day.Then take meat off bones, thicken gravy and yum.

clair4, Jan 8, 9:40am
I cook them in the slow cooker and the next day I skim the fat off the top and reheat in a pot and thicken.Use the above recipe.I do not like the fat that comes off them, but they are nice once fat removed.

motorbo, Jan 8, 8:04pm
my mums way of doing them, brown them then add some basic curry powder cook it off add water to cover and chopped carrots and sultanas, cook till tender, add peas and season cook a little longer then thicken and serve - if you dont liek the sweet element of the sultanas then dont add them. lamb neck chops slow cooked are yummy full stop so you can do any style of stew with them.

fisher, Jan 8, 8:47pm
Same as ambs above but using sliced raw onions with the addition of a bouquet garni of rosemary, thyme and parsley and a bay leaf or two.. salt and pepper and tasted later
I make a whole meal in the crockpot using hard veges.. Spuds, kumura and carrots diced into 2cm squares and par boiled in salt water... added later to the crockpot.. stirred in and left for the last two hours of crockpot time.. All served up and gray made..
PS: Parboiling the veges elevates that hard outer and brown colour if placed directly in the crockpot..

survivorr, Jan 15, 9:16am
Yes - definitely very fatty ... but, like others have mentioned, I cook them and then leave overnight (fridge?) to skim the fat off.There's usually quite a lot.