Pork chops........yes me again!

toeblister, Jan 2, 6:24am
Can you wonderful cooks out there please help me once again.Tonight I made the 'Pork in gingerale recipe' it was so tasty but..... the chops were dry and I cut the time down by 15mins to start with.My husband loves pork chops (How when I'm cooking them I don't know, lol) I really want to get this right.Here's how I want to cook them.In the oven with herbs, crispy skin not a casserole.Can someone please tell me the temp and cooking time and any other hints you think might help me. Ever so grateful :)

margyr, Jan 2, 6:29am
loin chops??? they are always dry. I get forequarter they are yum.

darlingmole, Jan 2, 6:43am
I put layers of onion rings on the bottom of a roasting dish, place chops on top, place more onion rings on top (this makes them very moist), meanwhile sprinkle whatever you like on top ... pepper/salt/splash of soy/garlic etc you get the gist) but NOT on the rind or fatty bit.Good luck ... really we should be avoiding the fatting bit but it does taste pretty good ~!

toeblister, Jan 2, 6:45am
Thank you margyr for the tip on using forequarter not loin chops.Darlingmole a big thank you to you for your reply.How long do I cook them and at what temp?

eljayv, Jan 2, 8:43pm
I used to find pork chops dry until I saw someone, may even have been Rachael Ray cook them and now they are good.You start them in a pan just caramelise them on each side a few minutes then transfer them to a 180dg oven for 8 minutes.Depending on the thickness.I like thick chops.While they are in the oven I have some potatoes that have been cut into sort of cubes or wedges cut in half and precooked in microwave which I brown off and crisp up in the remains of the pan I browned the chops in - with a little added oil.

miss-skyline, Jan 14, 4:47am
these are the most moist tenderist yummiest chops you"ll will ever have.......and its really easy..........
coat pork chops in natural youghert and then into bread crumbs to coat sprinkle with salt and pepper.
preheat oven to 180c
place chops in an oven proof dish and cover with tinfoil.bake for 1 hr....
take tinfoil off and bake for a further 10 mins to crisp on top.

mkbooks, Jan 14, 11:57pm
Make nicks in the fat/skin, then just brush them both sides with Hoi Sin sauce; place on rack in pre-heated 200* oven for about 10 mins-check after 5 mins + turn
The fat should be like crackling

dbab, Jan 15, 6:48am
Thanks miss-skyline. What a winner!
I didn't have any yoghurt so I used sour cream thinned down with a bit of milk. I added garlic salt to the crumbs.
My husband was so impressed, he's asked for them again.

grouch, Jan 15, 12:05pm
Yes this is how I cook mine but with a little bit of runny honey and a little water mixed in with the Hoi Sin sauce. So yummy.

alfredtonroad, Jan 15, 8:15pm
or replace breadcrumbs with crushed snax crackers - not for those on a diet!

seniorbones, Jan 16, 7:42am
I egg and breadcrumb mine and cook in the oven in a little oil to start with just so they dont stick, turn over after around 15mins and cook another 15mins maybe longer.. I usually put the chops in the oven and then do the veges and once the veges are cooked the chops usually are too. I have told a few people this way and they all say its the best and it is so tender and never dry and never do them any other way now. oh andTemp around 180

gerry64, Jan 17, 5:04am
tried your recipie skyline with the yoghurt - used the panko crumbs as they were all I had and they were absolutely yummy

missmalice, Jan 17, 8:23pm
Mmm we had chops last night - my one consisted of:

Drizzling on some olive oil then rubbing in some freshly ground fennel seeds with a sprinkling of salt

The mans consisted of a marinade made of honey, soy & garlic then both were chucked on the cast iron fry pan for 5-6 minutes each side - the BEST chops i've had in ages - so moist :D

pnlnj, Jan 18, 12:30am
Did this on the BBQ last week and it was so yummy:

Balsamic Marinated Pork Chops & Grilled Nectarines:
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon fresh herbs of choice, chopped
• 4xlean pork chops
• salt & black pepper to taste
• 4 x Nectarines, halved & pitted
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey and herbs. Reserve 2 Tbs. and add the rest to a large zip lock bag or shallow dish with a lid. Add pork to bag or dish, close or cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Spray grill with cooking spray or oil and heat to medium-high. Remove pork from fridge. Discard marinating liquid and season pork with salt and pepper. Cook on grill until pork is opaque throughout and feels firm to the touch. About 5-6 minutes per side.Set aside on a plate.
Add nectarines to the grill and cook over medium heat until tender and juicy, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to plate, and brush with reserved marinade. Serve with pork chops.

gerry64, Feb 9, 10:59am
Pork is so cheap over here in Oz - and it is Ozzie prok not imported from who knows where so we seem to be eating a lot of it on the BBQ - will try your receipie pnlnj for sure