I'm cookin Beef Cassarole for tea

Page 2 / 2
ian53, Mar 23, 6:46am
We have just had beef casserole for dinner as well.I used chuck steak just because that's what my mother used.I tossed the beef in seasoned flour, browned it, browned some onions and garlic, put in some tomato paste and cooked it out for a minute or so, threw over a can of beer and cooked it in a pressure cooker for 25min. I thickened it with cornflour and red current jelly. I could cut the meat with the wooden spoon. Delicious.

darlingmole, Mar 23, 6:56am
curious to know how much beef cheek cost per kilo please and where do I ask for it!Because this sounds really good :-)
Last week I boughta bag of mutton bones (that had HEAPS of meat on them) from PnS Albany but the curious thing is that they never ever sell mutton so go figure!Cooked them for 4 hours at 150 deg C, drained off a shocking amount of fat and then the family snacked on them all night.

kuaka, Mar 23, 8:10am
I always use rump steak for casseroles but only because when it is on special, it's cheaper than chuck/gravy/blade, and doesn't take so long to cook.I usually do it for about an hour and a half on about 150 deg. C.