How do you freeze items free-flow?

poohbearfan3, Mar 17, 10:30pm
I thought it would just be as simple as laying the items flat in a plastic sandwhich bag or such with a bit of space between each one, then laying flat in the freezer, but it turns out it's not so!Where am I going wrong?

teddy147, Mar 17, 10:34pm
i use a couple of oven trays lined with baking paper, then once frozen i bag it up.

harrislucinda, Mar 17, 10:35pm
same asteddy

uli, Mar 17, 10:37pm
I lay them flat in a plastic bag - then when frozen I shake it all up and move further down. Where is your particular problem? Why doesn't that work?

hazedaze, Mar 18, 5:43am
I use a very large plastic 'lap' tray.Once foodstuffs frozen I just give the tray a slight twist and that releases the 'frozens' for bagging.

elliehen, Mar 18, 8:39am
If you're talking about something like berries, just put them in a bag and go back every once in a while and give it a bash to loosen them until they're all frozen.It's in the early stages of freezing that they stick together.

lilyfield, Mar 18, 8:50am
i use a roasting dish, once frozen knock goods apart withlarge spoon and bag

poohbearfan3, Mar 18, 10:30pm
I thought it would just be as simple as laying the items flat in a plastic sandwhich bag or such with a bit of space between each one, then laying flat in the freezer, but it turns out it's not so!Where am I going wrong!

uli, Mar 18, 10:37pm
I lay them flat in a plastic bag - then when frozen I shake it all up and move further down. Where is your particular problem! Why doesn't that work!

vmare, Mar 18, 10:39pm
Baking paper on oven trays, when frozen bag up, easy.

adrian, Mar 18, 10:53pm
Have you ever wondered how the factorys do it,.....
The answer is,.... the blue plastic.!!
Thats right folks, that blue plastic stops foods from sticking together, you can have layers of food in a box & separated by the blue plastic, then frozen & when you pull it from freezer it seems all stuck together, just drop it on the floor as 1 big solid block & Ta-Da, they all freeflow.
Same with a bag of ice, drop it on floor & it goes to freeflow.
Dont ask me where they get the plastic from cos i dont know, i dont work in the food industry.

hazedaze, Mar 19, 5:43am
I use a very large plastic 'lap' tray.Once foodstuffs frozen I just give the tray a slight twist and that releases the 'frozens' for bagging.

elliehen, Mar 19, 8:39am
If you're talking about something like berries, just put them in a bag and go back every once in a while and give it a bash to loosen them until they're all frozen.It's in the early stages of freezing that they stick together.