Fry Pans

voltage, Mar 16, 8:30pm
Hi all, i'm so sick of buying fry pans that a non-stick only to discover after a few months they don't live up to their name.
Can anyone recommend a decent fry pan that has seen them through a few years without warping and maintaining the non-stick surface. I'm prepared to spend a decent amount to buy a decent pan.
Cheers.

cookessentials, Mar 16, 9:06pm
Yes, Infinite Circulon hands down.

sarahj1, Mar 16, 9:08pm
Lodge cast iron - the last fry pan you will ever need to buy - follow the instructions to season it and never wash with soap (hot water only) Have had two for the past 20 years - brilliant.

terachaos, Mar 16, 9:18pm
Cast Iron...stay away from Circulon

cookessentials, Mar 16, 10:37pm
Nothing wrong with Circulon at all. As for lodge, it is pre-seasoned, you dont need to season it at all. Not everyone can use the cast iron due to it's weight.

beaker59, Mar 16, 11:32pm
Cast Iron fan here though use a non stick for poaching eggs (cast turns the eggs a little grey in colour) wife can't handle the weight of cast iron which keeps her out of my kitchen though she does have her own small set of cookware for when I am away on the high seas.

voltage, Mar 17, 1:22am
Just went out to Botany and picked up a Lodge 30cm with 30% off the price.
$89.44 all up. You guys are right. These things are heavy.

cookessentials, Mar 17, 1:34am
Yes, they are, but they are good pans. Look after it and you will have it for generations to come.

kiwifidget, Mar 17, 3:02am
These cast iron things, are they non-stick?

cookessentials, Mar 17, 3:15am
Cast iron pans will become so over long use.

valentino, Mar 17, 3:25am
x2
"Murray" Copper-based Stainless Steel fry pan to me is the best one can have.
Mine is over 40 years old, still going great and comes up shining as ever. Have other pans but this fry pan plus other pans in this set are absolutely superb, but, doubt if they are still being made. Occassionally, they do become available via TM etc.

Appreciate it more these days as hands are getting very sorehandling things too much generally.

Cheers.

player_smurf, Mar 17, 6:40pm
x1
Interesting valentino.....I have a set of copper- based Murray saucepans that are over 25 years old and they still look as good as new! Never had the frying pan though....

valentino, Mar 17, 7:45pm
The Fry Pan is the most used oven top item, it really gets used quite a lot.... and it really gets abused but still comes up great. It has a great S/S lid as well and tremendous for low simmering when covering is required, and it seals as well when set aside keeping all warmer for longer periods of time.

Cheers.

player_smurf, Mar 17, 8:26pm
I want one! lol...Actually I just bought a Circulon one from the USA and that does the job.

voltage, Mar 17, 8:30pm
Hi all, i'm so sick of buying fry pans that a non-stick only to discover after a few months they don't live up to their name.
Can anyone recommend a decent fry pan that has seen them through a few years without warping and maintaining the non-stick surface. I'm prepared to spend a decent amount to buy a decent pan.
Cheers.

terachaos, Mar 17, 9:18pm
Cast Iron.stay away from Circulon

cookessentials, Mar 17, 10:37pm
Nothing wrong with Circulon at all. As for lodge, it is pre-seasoned, you dont need to season it at all. Not everyone can use the cast iron due to it's weight.

beaker59, Mar 17, 11:32pm
Cast Iron fan here though use a non stick for poaching eggs (cast turns the eggs a little grey in colour) wife can't handle the weight of cast iron which keeps her out of my kitchen though she does have her own small set of cookware for when I am away on the high seas.

kiwifidget, Mar 18, 3:02am
These cast iron things, are they non-stick!
I have a Le Creuset pan I've never used.

hazedaze, Mar 18, 5:50am
I have a fairly new, good quality, very large stainless steel frypan, but I find everything sticks to it.Even well oiled, eggs stick like glue!I've tried non stick (cheap and expensive), circulon...so I guess the next will be a quality cast iron!

player_smurf, Mar 18, 6:40pm
Interesting valentino.I have a set of copper- based Murray saucepans that are over 25 years old and they still look as good as new! Never had the frying pan though.

valentino, Mar 18, 7:45pm
The Fry Pan is the most used oven top item, it really gets used quite a lot. and it really gets abused but still comes up great. It has a great S/S lid as well and tremendous for low simmering when covering is required, and it seals as well when set aside keeping all warmer for longer periods of time.

Cheers.

player_smurf, Mar 18, 8:26pm
I want one! lol.Actually I just bought a Circulon one from the USA and that does the job.

hazedaze, Mar 19, 5:50am
I have a fairly new, good quality, very large stainless steel frypan, but I find everything sticks to it.Even well oiled, eggs stick like glue!I've tried non stick (cheap and expensive), circulon.so I guess the next will be a quality cast iron!