Chicken drumsticks in crockpot

four.mcs, Mar 8, 3:16am
How long should they cook for? I just tried the chilli chicken recipe, and they are burnt, I used drums instead of legs, but they were frozen, so obviously too long. I think I will have to get a timer, as I can't turn them on any later.

sharronk1, Mar 8, 3:20am
Stick them on low

four.mcs, Mar 8, 3:22am
Mmmm, that WAS on low, and to think I nearly put them on high because they were frozen.

pp11, Mar 8, 4:21am
I did 14 of them (big ones) in a 6.5 litre slow cooker the other day, they were delicious. I used a couple of oven bags (7 in each) so no mess. They only needed 4 .5 hours on low.

fisher, Mar 8, 5:00am
Brown your thawed chicken drumsticks up in a fry pan 2/3rd cooked...Place in the bottom of the crockpot... In the same frypan, french cut a large onion, slice up a red capsicum and once again cook till 2/3rd done...while this is happening, open up a can of halved apricots and slice them up, placing on top of the chicken drums, saving the canned juice.. Now layer the capsicums and onions over the top... With 250 mls of boiled water.. add a large heaped tsp of cornflour and a packet of Maggi onion soup...stir/mix well, add the reserved apricot juice and mix again... some white pepper (no salt) and pour this over the drums and turn the crockpot on high for 2 hours... Scrummy...!!!!

pp11, Mar 8, 5:09am
Forgot to mention that my drumsticks were fully thawed.

four.mcs, Mar 9, 3:16am
How long should they cook for! I just tried the chilli chicken recipe, and they are burnt, I used drums instead of legs, but they were frozen, so obviously too long. I think I will have to get a timer, as I can't turn them on any later.

fisher, Mar 9, 5:00am
Brown your thawed chicken drumsticks up in a fry pan 2/3rd cooked.Place in the bottom of the crockpot. In the same frypan, french cut a large onion, slice up a red capsicum and once again cook till 2/3rd done.while this is happening, open up a can of halved apricots and slice them up, placing on top of the chicken drums, saving the canned juice. Now layer the capsicums and onions over the top. With 250 mls of boiled water. add a large heaped tsp of cornflour and a packet of Maggi onion soup.stir/mix well, add the reserved apricot juice and mix again. some white pepper (no salt) and pour this over the drums and turn the crockpot on high for 2 hours. Scrummy.!

pink-dragon, Mar 10, 7:44am
Hi Fisher.How many drumsticks does your recipe use?? And what size crockpot?? thanks

pink-dragon, Mar 11, 7:44am
Hi Fisher.How many drumsticks does your recipe use! And what size crockpot! thanks