Moths in pantry

samel11, Mar 6, 5:37am
Has anyone got any ideas how to keep moths out of the pantry.

mopsy80, Mar 6, 5:45am
I have never tried it myself, but I read somewhere that if you spread bay leaves around the cupboard it keeps them away.

karenz, Mar 6, 5:50am
I thinkyou have to get rid of everything that has moths in it (mine were in the Cornflour) and put the rest into sealed containers.I have also heard about the Bayleaf thing but don't know if it works.

pisces47, Mar 6, 6:26am
Agree .The moths larvae are in something and are hatching.

samel11, Mar 6, 6:34am
Thanks will give it a try.

waswoods, Mar 6, 8:09am
Yes - dried bay leaves work

lala2, Mar 6, 8:44pm
Bunnings sell moth traps. They have plastic ones which are about $14 for a pack of 2, these ones I recommend, I used them last year and caught heaps of moths in them, this year I bought the cheap cardboard ones and they are useless, I still have moths in the pantry. Apparently the plastic ones attract the male moth, they go in and get stuck to the stickey inside.

tarshlove, Mar 7, 1:55am
apparently bay leaves keep them away have never had a problem with them myself so haven't tried it sorry :o)

pickles7, Mar 7, 2:09am
I am a bit like you, but then I do keep bay leaves in my pantry. dosn't help much dose it. lol.

karenz, Mar 7, 5:50am
I thinkyou have to get rid of everything that has moths in it (mine were in the Cornflour) and put the rest into sealed containers.I have also heard about the Bayleaf thing but don't know if it works.

tich50, Mar 7, 6:21am
iusebayleaves...haveitinmyflourcontainersaswellaslooseontheshelvesofmypantry.neverhaveamothproblem.thelooseonesidon'tuseinmycookingthough.ihavesomeonmybookshelvesaswell.

pisces47, Mar 7, 6:26am
Agree .The moths larvae are in something and are hatching.

pickles7, Mar 7, 6:35am
I am not going to take my bay leaves out of my pantry just to see if they do keep the moths away. lol

tarshlove, Mar 8, 1:55am
apparently bay leaves keep them away have never had a problem with them myself so haven't tried it sorry :o)

pickles7, Mar 8, 2:09am
I am a bit like you, but then I do keep bay leaves in my pantry. dosn't help much dose it. lol.

tich50, Mar 8, 6:21am
iusebayleaves.haveitinmyflourcontainersaswellaslooseontheshelvesofmypantry.neverhaveamothproblem.thelooseonesidon'tuseinmycookingthough.ihavesomeonmybookshelvesaswell.