Im wanting to make my own Worcestershire Sauce

Page 4 / 4
wayne472, Jun 1, 7:12am
Pickles7,the Mace is getting hard to get now.Greggs and other spice company's dont distribute it now.But all is not lost you can still buy it at the Bin Inn type stores.
For those that dont know about Mace,it is one of the most flavour enhancing spices that can be used.Very nice in sauces, white sauces and soups etc.
Here have A read @ -----
http://www.bulkpeppercorns.com/mace_spice

pickles7, Jun 1, 8:31am
I try to always have mace in my pantry, nutmeg is very much sweeter and has its own place in the pantry. I think my last lot of mace came from the supermarket, last year, .wayne472. I would have thought it was a Gregg's product. I got it when I saw it. I was out of it a while as it is not that available.
Just watch out for it. Quite probably I bought it just before putting that sauce recipe, together.

midget8, Jun 5, 5:09am
Lea and Perrins Worcestshire Sauce is NOT the same as the English original-since the Aussies started making it they added bloody WATER.If you have a vintage bottle check out the ingredients.The colour is different,it's brown,not BLACK,and after the homemade brew we use,which we call garlic sauce,LEA AND PERRINS tastes disgusting.

pickles7, Jun 5, 5:41am
Sure is .midget8.insipid rubbish.
We like our sauce HOT. The last two recipe's I made from in this thread were indeed too sweet, that last one was by far the nicest.I may be tempted to do as I said, but on saying that, my husband is saying to stick to my original recipe. We actually both prefer the Tamarind sauce. There is a bit of "magic" about Tamarind. I feel that "magic" just writing about it. lol. I just don't understand, why some people are still cutting off "shark fins". Lick, smell, or eat Tamerind, folks.