Sweet n Sour sauce

paddocks, Jun 27, 11:47pm
Hi all, can somebody please give me a recipe for this for tonights tea, preferably one without white vinegar ( as I have none ), thanks heaps

cookessentials, Jun 28, 12:59am
I have a recipe at home (it has malt vinegar from memory) as well as pineapple, cornflour, ground ginger etc... I wont be able to post it till later tonight.

paddocks, Jun 28, 1:13am
Cheers, that would be awesome thankyou :)

cookessentials, Jun 28, 7:51am
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
1x onion;2tbsp soy sauce;1x clove garlic;2 tbsp brown sugar;salt;1 tbsp vinegar;1 cup pineapple pieces in juice;1/4 cup cold water;2 tbsp cornflour; ground ginger.

Peel and finely chop the onion, crush the garlic in salt. Combine pineapple, soy sauce;ground ginger and vinegar in saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer 2-3 mins. Mix cornflour to a paste with the water. Add the sauce and cook till clear and thickened for three minutes. I use this sauce for a lovely sweet and sour fish. If you want the remainder of the recipe for the fish, let me know.

paddocks, Jun 30, 2:17am
Oh yes please, that sauce sounds supberb, thankyou sooooo much for your time :)

cookessentials, Jun 30, 2:20am
It is easy. i use a good white fish such as terakihi or snapper. Cut into small pieces - bitesize or so. Dredge in flour, then beaten egg and breadcrumbs to which you have added some sesame seeds. Place on a paper towel lined plate and refrigerate for about an hour. This helps the coating stay on and gives you a nice golden coating. I shallow fry in batches - keeping the cooked ones hot in the oven on a plate. Serve with rice ( if you wish) the fish pieces and topped with the sweet and sour sauce. You can have this without rice and just have the fish and sauce if you wish.

gardie, Jan 14, 11:28pm
bumpingto make tonight.Gonna use this recipe with meatballs.Yum.Now, here's hoping there's pineapple in the cupboard!

cookessentials, Jun 28, 12:59am
I have a recipe at home (it has malt vinegar from memory) as well as pineapple,cornflour,ground ginger etc.I wont be able to post it till later tonight.

cookessentials, Jun 28, 7:51am
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
1x onion;2tbsp soy sauce;1x clove garlic;2 tbsp brown sugar;salt;1 tbsp vinegar;1 cup pineapple pieces in juice;1/4 cup cold water;2 tbsp cornflour; ground ginger.

Peel and finely chop the onion, crush the garlic in salt. Combine pineapple, soy sauce;ground ginger and vinegar in saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer 2-3 mins. Mix cornflour to a paste with the water. Add the sauce and cook till clear and thickened for three minutes.I use this sauce for a lovely sweet and sour fish. If you want the remainder of the recipe for the fish, let me know.

cookessentials, Jun 30, 2:20am
It is easy. i use a good white fish such as terakihi or snapper. Cut into small pieces - bitesize or so. Dredge in flour,then beaten egg and breadcrumbs to which you have added some sesame seeds. Place on a paper towel lined plate and refrigerate for about an hour. This helps the coating stay on and gives you a nice golden coating. I shallow fry in batches - keeping the cooked ones hot in the oven on a plate. Serve with rice ( if you wish) the fish pieces and topped with the sweet and sour sauce. You can have this without rice and just have the fish and sauce if you wish.