Sweet platters

moore., Mar 17, 3:36am
we are having quite a lot of people around and putting on platters of allsorts..mostly savoury sort of things. I would like also to do a sweet platter/cheese board...just to balance things out any ideas please.

lilyfield, Mar 17, 3:40am
fruit for the diet concious in bite size pieces

ant_sonja, Mar 17, 4:14am
caramelized figs and also pears go well with a lot of cheeses - I'd also have fresh seasonal fruit, maybe some mini waffles (or blinis) with clotted cream and dark & white chocolate shavings on top.

kinna54, Mar 17, 4:29am
Mmmm!fruit platters are yummy. Try serving with a thick creamy yoghurt dip (passionfruit is a good one) and/or a chocolate dip.You can use all types of fruit, depending upon what is seasonal.
Also a small choccy platter can be nice, eg. you can include a mix of after dinner mints or sticks (they are cheaper, there is an orange filled variety as well) chocolate coffe beans,, malteasers, I think there are different ranges of dark, milk, and white chocolate varieties you could use. You could also use mini choc fish, choc strawberry hearts, choc covered ginger....... the choice is endless. Yum now I need chocolate!!! enjoy.

moore., Mar 17, 8:55am
thank you everyone, good to get some ideas..little marble sized truffles dipped in choc i think too?

sue1955, Mar 17, 9:15am
I always do a fruit kebab platter at Christmas. So easy to do & you can make some lovely colour combinations with the fruit. (Google has some great ideas).

moore., Mar 18, 3:36am
we are having quite a lot of people around and putting on platters of allsorts.mostly savoury sort of things. I would like also to do a sweet platter/cheese board.just to balance things out any ideas please.

ant_sonja, Mar 18, 4:14am
caramelized figs and also pears go well with a lot of cheeses - I'd also have fresh seasonal fruit, maybe some mini waffles (or blinis) with clotted cream and dark & white chocolate shavings on top.

kinna54, Mar 18, 4:29am
Mmmm!fruit platters are yummy. Try serving with a thick creamy yoghurt dip (passionfruit is a good one) and/or a chocolate dip.You can use all types of fruit, depending upon what is seasonal.
Also a small choccy platter can be nice, eg. you can include a mix of after dinner mints or sticks (they are cheaper, there is an orange filled variety as well) chocolate coffe beans,, malteasers, I think there are different ranges of dark, milk, and white chocolate varieties you could use. You could also use mini choc fish, choc strawberry hearts, choc covered ginger. the choice is endless. Yum now I need chocolate! enjoy.

moore., Mar 18, 8:55am
thank you everyone, good to get some ideas.little marble sized truffles dipped in choc i think too!