Lolly cake.I am not usually a sweet tooth but I

jubellsrose, Jun 25, 6:37am
bought a small slab and want to make it.Any help for a simple recipe please.

245sam, Jun 25, 6:51am
No problem, jubellsrose, here you are.....

LOLLY CAKE
115g butter
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 x 250g packet malt biscuits, crushed
1 x 180g packet Fruit Puffs or Eskimoes or Licorice Allsorts, chopped

Warm the butter and sweetened condensed milk together until melted. Remove from the heat and add the crushed biscuits and the chopped sweets. Mix well, then form into a log and roll in coconut OR press into a 19cm square tin. Refrigerate.
Note: 1 packet fruit puffs = 56 puffs. :-))

jubellsrose, Jun 25, 6:55am
thankyou so much 245sam.easy peasy.

holdenss, Jun 25, 7:02am
Or Half the Malt Bisc with Wine Biscuits to give a slight more smooth mallow Vanilla taste.

jubellsrose, Jun 25, 7:12am
thanks for idea.wonder if milk arrowroot and malt would work too.

sxte9er, Jun 25, 8:53am
im pretty sure they have the recipe for this on the back on the eskimoes. used to anyway

claudeandstu, Jun 25, 9:19am
not as nice these days without fruit puffs :(

chinalegin, Jun 25, 9:00pm
do what i do.everytime you empty the biscuit tin put the crumbs in a bag till you have 250g then make lollycake.surprising how many crumbs you get with biscuits

holdenss, Jun 28, 3:33am
Errrr how long dose that usually take? lol

kinna54, Jun 28, 6:10am
Try making it with *dark* chocolate wheaten or choc thin biccies. It's awesome. Same ingredients and method as above, just not quite so sweet. cool the butter and condensed milk before adding to the dry mix.
Have also made it with jaffa choc thin biccies and cut up chocolate orange sticks
(they are usually in the choclate dessert aisle in the supermarket). Awesome! Ooh now I want chocolate

pam.delilah, Jun 28, 6:20am
replace the fruit puffs with licorice allsortsor fruit jubes, With the malt biscuits. Yummy