2 1/2 cups of plain flour
3 cups (350g) grated courgette
1/4 cup of cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup choc chips

Preheat oven to 170 deg cel.line/grease 25cm square baking pan
beat softened butter with sugars in a mixer or food processor until light and creamy.mix in eggs, vanilla, yoghurt and 1/2 of the measured flour,then mix in grated courgette.
Sift in the remaining flour and the cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon/spice and salt.
Stir gently, then pour into the pan.Sprinkle with choc chips.
bake for 45mins or until centre feels firm.
cool on rack,
Refridgerate or freeze wrapped peices.
Yum!

redflag, Mar 6, 4:04am
Thanks SHIMMYGIRL!! thats awesome! I will def give that a go!

shimmygirl, Mar 6, 7:40am
Your welcome!

jag5, Mar 6, 7:48am
Yep....made one a couple of years back....grandson came (teenager) can I have some cake Granny....yep go ahead mate....came back awhile later...can I have some more...yep sure can...loved it.Was talking to someone later and he overheard me telling them what was in it.Will not eat chocolate cake in my hourse again LOL

shimmygirl, Mar 6, 8:50am
LOl...I also make a courgette loaf and when the kids were younger they 'decided' the green bits were grated apple and they loved it.
Until they day they saw me making it...ooppss... you know the rest!

redflag, Mar 6, 9:47am
my boys prob wont mind they eat anything and everything but i wont tell my partner whats in it lol

shimmygirl, Mar 7, 12:14am
125gm butter
1 cup (packed)brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup yoghurt (any type)
2 1/2 cups of plain flour
3 cups (350g) grated courgette
1/4 cup of cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup choc chips

Preheat oven to 170 deg cel.line/grease 25cm square baking pan
beat softened butter with sugars in a mixer or food processor until light and creamy.mix in eggs, vanilla, yoghurt and 1/2 of the measured flour,then mix in grated courgette.
Sift in the remaining flour and the cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon/spice and salt.
Stir gently, then pour into the pan.Sprinkle with choc chips.
bake for 45mins or until centre feels firm.
cool on rack,
Refridgerate or freeze wrapped peices.
Yum!

This is an Alison and Simon Holst recipe from the 'School lunches and after school snacks book'

The cake is lovely and moist and a great use for the many many courgette in my garden.

redflag, Mar 7, 4:04am
Thanks SHIMMYGIRL! thats awesome! I will def give that a go!

jag5, Mar 7, 7:48am
Yep.made one a couple of years back.grandson came (teenager) can I have some cake Granny.yep go ahead mate.came back awhile later.can I have some more.yep sure can.loved it.Was talking to someone later and he overheard me telling them what was in it.Will not eat chocolate cake in my hourse again LOL

shimmygirl, Mar 7, 8:50am
LOl.I also make a courgette loaf and when the kids were younger they 'decided' the green bits were grated apple and they loved it.
Until they day they saw me making it.ooppss. you know the rest!