Does anyone have gherkin relish recipe please?

ar.jj, Mar 1, 8:42pm
x1
Hi, weare searching for a gherkin relish/pickle receipe.
Can anyone help,please?

jessie981, Mar 1, 11:29pm
x1

ar.jj, Mar 2, 3:12am
Thanks,jessie981. does sound good,Am still hoping for abasically gherkins and onion recipe. Wondering how to make it look an appealing green though. May have to experiment. cheers

jessie981, Mar 2, 4:58am
Off Google, plenty more
Ingredients
2.25 kg gherkins (or small cucumbers)
1 kg onions
plain salt
1 litre white vineger
4 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon mustard
tablespoon curry powder

Method
Mince gherkins and onions, place in a bowl and sprinkle with a small handful
of plain salt. Leave overnight.
Pour off excess liquid and bring to boil with sugar and 3/4 of the vinegar.
Mix flour, mustard, curry and the rest of the vinegar, add to mix, stir
well. Cook for 20 mins, stirring
frequently. Pour into sterlised jars and seal when cold

katalin2, Mar 2, 7:29am
Have been making this for years- it is delicious,
Gherkin Relish:
1.5 kg gherkins
1 kg onions
2 tbsp common salt
4 C sugar
5C vinegar
1 1/2 t tumeric
1 t celery seed
2 T mustard seed
Instructions

Mince or carefully process gherkins and onions; sprinkle with salt ; LEAVE OVERNIGHT; DRAIN.
Place in saucepan with other ingredients.
Bring to boil, simmer for about 20 minutes.
Thicken with 4 T flour mixed to a paste with cider vinegar.
Bottle and seal

ar.jj, Mar 2, 7:18pm
Thanks for those recipes jessie981 and katalin2. I will be chopping and dicing tonight.I think I will try both recipes, they sound so yummy. Cheers.

ar.jj, Mar 2, 8:42pm
Hi, weare searching for a gherkin relish/pickle receipe.
Can anyone help,please!

seedy4, Mar 17, 10:54pm
ar.jj - how did you find the recipes?
I have about 2 kg of deformed shapes, extra large gherkins and want to make a relish/chutney with more veges than just onions- any ideas anyone??

margyr, Mar 17, 11:02pm
my sister that makes relish etc finds green food colouring adds the lovely green.

wheelz, Mar 18, 1:40am
This one is Delicious !!!
1 1/2 kg gherkins - 6 med onions - 125 g salt
Cover with water and leave o/night. Drain.(Store bought jars of gherkins work well, if you have no access to fresh ones, no need to soak in salt prior.)Into a pot add drained gherkins and : 4 c sugar - 4 c white vinegar - 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric - 1 tsp celery seeds - 2 dsp curry. Bring to boil, boil 10 mins. Then add 1 tin crushed pineapple and 2 finely chopped capsicums. Boil again 10 mins. Thicken if needed with cornflour and water. Pour into sterilised jars.Make plenty, as this one goes fast !

seedy4, Mar 18, 2:47am
It does sound delicious _ I will try it thanks!

seedy4, Mar 18, 10:54pm
ar.jj - how did you find the recipes!
I have about 2 kg of deformed shapes, extra large gherkins and want to make a relish/chutney with more veges than just onions- any ideas anyone!

wheelz, Mar 19, 1:40am
This one is Delicious !
1 1/2 kg gherkins - 6 med onions - 125 g salt
Cover with water and leave o/night. Drain.(Store bought jars of gherkins work well, if you have no access to fresh ones, no need to soak in salt prior.)Into a pot add drained gherkins and : 4 c sugar - 4 c white vinegar - 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric - 1 tsp celery seeds - 2 dsp curry. Bring to boil, boil 10 mins. Then add 1 tin crushed pineapple and 2 finely chopped capsicums. Boil again 10 mins. Thicken if needed with cornflour and water. Pour into sterilised jars.Make plenty, as this one goes fast !