Recipe for lamb shanks in slow cooker needed

aimee51, Feb 21, 3:52am
Hi I'm wanting to cook lamb shanks in the slow cooker tomorrow, does anyone have a great recipe that makes the gravy at the same time?Thanks

juli55, Feb 21, 4:11am
Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks
Serves 4-6
6-8 lamb shanks
¼ cup seasoned flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 cups beef stock
1½ cups red wine
425g can tomatoes
1 tbsp thyme, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Method:
1.Dust shanks in seasoned flour and shake off excess. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Brown shanks well and then remove from pan.
2. Add onion, carrot and garlic to same pan. Sauté over medium heat till onion is tender. 3. Return shanks to the pan, Add stock, wine, thyme, tomatoes and seasonings. Pour the the lot in your slow cooker cook for 6-8 hrs

ant_sonja, Feb 21, 4:16am
I usually brown off the shanks in a hot pan with some butter or oil. Also some roughy chopped onion. Put into slow cooker and add a tin or two of chopped tomatoes. And enough red wine to cover the shanks :-) Add fresh twigs of rosemary and some squished garlic cloves as well as a generous sprinkling of salt & pepper and cook on low until the shanks are tender. I then remove the shanks from the slow cooker and set aside in a warmed oven. Strain the sauce into a pot to reduce on the stove. Adjust seasoning and serve liberally poured over the shanks with mashed potato and lots of green veggies :-)