Anyone having trouble with cocoa products...pale?

Page 2 / 2
macandrosie, Feb 19, 7:05am
I think I heard somewhere last year that Cadbury's had to source from somewhere else,(don't know if it was due to crop failure or what) it may be a different cocoa bean , it's definitely paler!

jessie981, Feb 19, 7:07am
Pams is dark - so guess Cadburys is a 'no no'. Never heard of Sun Valley.

guest, Apr 3, 1:29am
I only use homebrand - its quality is quite astounding. It tends to be with the drinking chocolate rather than the baking products. Signature range, pams and other cheaper brands I've tried have an additive (can't remember what though) that makes it taste bad to me. Cadbury really has gone downhill, and I won't buy nestle on principle.

indy95, Dec 12, 1:59am
Bumped for poster asking about using Dutch process cocoa in cupcakes.

wildflower, Dec 12, 2:44am
I switched to Homebrand, lovely rich colour and ingredients only cocoa unlike Cadbury's.They're ruining their own rep.

chrissie91, Dec 12, 7:25am
I am having the same bother with cocoa. Am thinking about ringing the 0800 # on the bottom of the packet to complain. I think I will also try the other brands.

kinna54, Dec 12, 8:25am
Gosh interesting to see this thread being bumped after so long. I changed to signature range or home brand cocoa, after initaially posting that thread, the difference is incredible!.
Myself and others on here complained, I never even got a response although another poster on here did get a reply. which really said very little.
Chrissie by all means have a go on that number, hopefully you will have more luck than we did:
Meanwhile, once againdefinitely try home brand or signature range.

annie.nz, Dec 13, 3:22am
I complained, got a generic soothing quality-ingredients type reply.

It's like the reply I got when I moaned about their chocolate - they insisted the recipe was the same.Maybe, but the ingredients aren't.

mamajama69, Dec 13, 3:50am
Won't buy cadbury cocoa powder again after the insipid results!Will stick with the Pams cocoa.

frag, Dec 13, 5:52am
HOME BRAND

badams1, Dec 13, 6:49am
I also baked a birthday cake using a new packet of cocoa. insiped, man, when will they learn. vote with your feet. they will soon get the message.