Valentines dinner tonight

lavender32, Feb 13, 9:16pm
I'm making my partner whitebait fritters followed by chocolate mud/moose cake.I feel I need a little something extra with the fritters to bulk the meal up a bit.What would go nice with fritters other than salad co's he doesn't like salads.

jc_cw, Feb 14, 12:58am
surimi wrapped in streaky bacon??

darlingmole, Feb 14, 1:02am
how about more fritters but only of a vegetable variety (grated courgette with onion etc?) or sweetcorn with a dash of sweet thai chili sauce through it (VERY nice)

perle, Feb 14, 1:10am
new potatoes with butter mint and a squeeze of lemon, with cracked black pepper.. :)

lavender32, Feb 13, 9:16pm
I'm making my partner whitebait fritters followed by chocolate mud/moose cake.I feel I need a little something extra with the fritters to bulk the meal up a bit.What would go nice with fritters other than salad co's he doesn't like salads.

uli, Feb 13, 11:24pm
And what's for Valentines this year then!

fisher, Feb 14, 12:11am
Fried pork strips in a salad hopefully all from the garden.red and green lettuce,. some young beetroot leaves. spring onion,, red, yellow, black and green strips of capsicum. slices of cucumber, zucchini and radish. grated carrot. halved cherry tomatoes. steamed fresh young yellow and green beans and a couple of boiled small beetroot on the side.nice homemade vinaigretteand sprinkles of basil leaves and parsley.then some nice slices of fresh fruit over icecream with maple syrup and wafers.
sorry dear.nothing really special really lol:}same ole same ole.

darlingmole, Feb 14, 1:02am
how about more fritters but only of a vegetable variety (grated courgette with onion etc!) or sweetcorn with a dash of sweet thai chili sauce through it (VERY nice)

perle, Feb 14, 1:10am
new potatoes with butter mint and a squeeze of lemon, with cracked black pepper. :)