Sweet chilli sauce

thewebster, Feb 8, 10:08am
Can someone let me know about this problem.I make a chicken dish using sweet chilli sauce and after the chicken is cooked there is always heaps of the sauce left over. I would like to know if it is ok to put into a jug and reuse it for a second time? or would that be a little bit dangerous because I have cooked chicken in it?

books4nz, Feb 8, 10:28am
I wouldn't use it again - you could either use less for the recipe, or bring the left-over sauce to a boil and either pour over the chicken dish when serving, or thicken the sauce to pour over the chicken.

gardie, Feb 8, 5:26pm
I'm with books for this one - definately bring to the boil - it'll add an intense flavour to your chicken and help coat it better too.

thewebster, Feb 9, 3:58am
Thanks books and gardie

ashanti, Feb 10, 2:30am
I would freeze it and then reuse it. Shame to waste it.

cottagerose, Feb 12, 8:05am
I often have this happen to me with different dishes> I put in the fridge and the next night cook a meat that will go with the sauce, say sausages, rissoles or chops, depending on the left over sauce flavour.
Ive never had a problem

aimz_bj, Feb 13, 3:54am
i wouldnt resuse it.I would just use less in the recipe.You can also get some sour cream and if you add some sweet chili sauce to it, it makes a very nice dip :)

irenedbw, Apr 14, 12:52pm
Soup stock