Sweet Chilli Sauce........

anndi7, May 20, 6:40am
Does anyone have a good receipe for Sweet Chilli Sauce - we eat heaps of it & thought it would be fun to make my own. Anyone... . ? ? ? ? Thanks.

kat35, May 20, 8:08am
Walto’s chilli sauce
Ingredients
250 g fresh chilli peppers
750 ml white vinegar
3 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon grated ginger
375 g sultana
3 teaspoons salt
8 cloves garlic
Directions
1Roughly chop chillies.
2Take out the seeds before chopping if you like a mild chilli sauce.
3Place the chopped chillies in a blender with a little bit of vinegar, blend on high speed for a minute.
4Then place all the ingredients, including the chillies, into a sauce pan and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer.
5Simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until the chillies and sultanas are very soft.
6Let cool.
7Then in a clean blender blend the chilli sauce until smooth and creamy.
8You should end up with approximately 1. 5 litres of chilli sauce.
9Bottle into sterilised jars.

This is very yummy my hubby eats it like tomato sauce.

cookessentials, May 20, 8:37am
I think there is one in the sauces and gravies thread

elliehen, May 21, 1:58am
kat35 - thanks so much for this! I hadn't thought to make my own. I have some family members who eat it with everything too :)

catcrazy9, May 24, 6:01pm
word of warning if you wear contact lenses: i made chilli sauce a few years ago and after chopping up the chillies washed my hands thoroughly, that night taking out my contacts my eyes got sore and by morning my eyes really stung and I ended up having day off work as I couldnt see too flash without my contacts. The juices from the chillies had obviously seeped into the skin of my fingers. lesson learnt the hard way for me next time i will use disposable gloves. sauce was nice by the way lol