Savoury Pinwheel recipe please

yourloss, Jan 28, 10:34pm
Hi, I have recently bought savoury pinwheels from countdown and we all (including fussy 7 year old) loved them. I wanted to try to meke some. Anyone able to tell mw what dough to use? I have a breadmaker so can make the dough. Then figuered I would roll it add fillings, pizza sauce, onion, cheese or whatever, roll, cut into rings then bake in the oven.
But.. Back to the beginning, what bread recipe would anyone recommend? Thanks

yourloss, Jan 28, 11:36pm
Fantatic .Thanks heaps.I'd been searching for ages but didn't find anything near as good as that thread.:-)

crsdbl, Jan 29, 9:08am
i just use a good scone dough. i also like to use pastry sheets and mashed potato instead of pizza sauce.

elliehen, Jan 29, 10:57am
Richard Till, of TV Kiwi Kitchen fame, has a cookbook out titled 'Kitchen Sink'.In it he has a recipe his mother used to make called pinwheels - puff pastry sheets spread with variations on mashed potato, rolled and chilled in the fridge before slicing into 1/2 cm widths and baking.

elliehen, Jan 29, 10:59am
fisher's recommendations for variations on mashed potatoes (and suitable for the pinwheels).

yourloss, Jan 30, 3:26am
Thanks heaps. Sounds interesting, will give it a go

margyr, Jan 30, 4:56am
if you have a round cake tin that the bottom comes out of put them in there to bake, start with one in the middle then the others around it, keeps them upright and you just pull them apart.

245sam, Jan 30, 5:37am
x1
Here's a recipe from this coming week's Countdown circular.....

CHEESY BACON SCROLLS
2 bacon rashers
2 cups self-raising flour
50g butter
¾ cup milk
1 cup grated tasty cheese+extra ¼ cup grated tasty cheese

Preheat oven to 200°C.
Trim the rind from the bacon.Finely chop the bacon flesh and fry it in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until golden.Cool.
Sift the flour into a bowl.Chop the butter and rub it into the flour using fingertips.Add the milk and mix to a soft dough.Lightly knead on floured surface until smooth, then roll it out to a 30cm x 25cm rectangle.
Scatter the bacon and 1st measure of grated tasty cheese over.Starting from the long side, roll up.Cut into 12 even slices and place them on 2 baking paper-lined trays.Top each with the extra grated cheese.
Bake at200°Cfor15 minutes, until golden.
Makes 12.:-))

elliehen, Jan 30, 6:20am
margyr, I do the same with two shallow round sponge pans for apple & cinnamon pinwheel scones - 6 in each.A normal scone recipe (3 cups flour) makes 12 pinwheels.

guest, Mar 2, 11:32pm
heard ur problem weel heres a savoury scone recipe from countdown site :)http://shop.countdown.co.nz/shop/Recipe/511?name=savoury-pinwheels