Pork strips

earthangel4, Jan 26, 12:59am
Hello does anyone have a recipe for pork strips,I have sauces,pineapple, carrots,broccli mixed veges.
I was wanting something quick,and thought I would thicken with corn flour to make a gravy.
My cook books are all packed.
I am having it with rice.
I have just had surgery so can not stand for long.
Many thanks in advance.

fogs, Jan 26, 1:14am
I simmer pork strips/pieces in water dark soy sauce with an onion finely diced for about 3/4 hour to an hour. I remove the meat and grill to brown and thicken the sauce with bisto or cornflour. Serve with mashed potatoes and baby corn cobs.

earthangel4, Jan 26, 1:36am
fogs,thank you.

gilligee, Jan 26, 2:45am
I place them in a covered dish, add all or any of the above and bake slowly for maybe two hours. Delicious.

timetable, Jan 26, 3:06am
theya re just lovely to do in the crockpot with the same ingreds as well... just barely cover with your liquid mixture and away you go.. mmmmmmmm can't wait till the wee piggy is ready now lol

earthangel4, Jan 26, 3:33am
Thank you all so much,because time is getting on have placed them in the oven in a covered dish,will write all these recipes down,yum.

jme16, Jan 26, 3:36am
i put soy sauce garlic and brown sugar and pour over, bloody fab!! kids love it too

jme16, Jan 26, 3:37am
oh and a little cornflour to thicken.

marcs, Jan 26, 3:53am
If you ever get a chance, try this recipe. You can make this in the crock pot too but reduce the amount of liquid you add to it.

Pork Belly spare ribs or strips with Honey, Soy and Ginger

6 Pork belly ribs
1 large brown onion cut in half and sliced
4 cm piece ginger – rough match stick slice
2 large red chilles – sliced at an angle (use one as too hot for the kids)
4 cloves garlic smashed and skin removed
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1&1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
1 cup water
1 cup Chinese cooking wine
100ml oyster sauce
4 tbs soy sauce
4 tbs honey.

Put everything in a oven proof pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and put in the oven to bake for one and half hours at 170c.

Remove meat from pot. Skim off the fat and on high heat reduce the sauce by a 1/3. Pour over the meat and serve.

beblowin, Jan 26, 5:33am
rub in bbq sauce and smoke them in a smoker,I use plum tree saw dust very nice.

earthangel4, Mar 2, 11:13pm
yum,thank you everyone,have them all written down,it was yum done in the oven,will also try my slow cooker.
Thank you for taking the time to do this.