Which method do you use to freeze zuchinni?

jennyl11, Jan 21, 8:48pm
just want to see what others do..i.e do you blanch, grate, microwave etc then freeze and how succesful is it

parkvale58956, Jan 21, 10:17pm
I just grate then freeze.After defrosting I squeeze out the liquid and am good to go.

jessie981, Jan 21, 10:17pm
Check out Google. There are methods there.

jag5, Jan 21, 10:39pm
I am in the process of doing this today.I am just dicing, and popping into zip lock bags.Will keep moving them so they are free flow.Great to pop into soups in the winter.Or in with tomatoes and onions to have on toast in the winter.

Last year I dried a lot for soups...worked well, but this year, don't have the time LOL

jennyl11, Jan 21, 10:46pm
yes i know jessie, just wanted to see how others have done it and what worked for them

coreblimey, Jan 22, 4:40am
I sliced mine up and laid them on a baking tray and put them in the freezer overnight. Then I put them in Ziplock bags. Freeflow that way.

tielfan, Jan 22, 4:45am
Same as coreblimey!

tammiraven, Jan 22, 6:46am
They say to fry or steam them .... your guys sounds better

stormbaby, Jan 22, 8:03am
When veges are cheap or lots in the garden in Summer, its nice to make up large zip lock bags of stir fry mixes for the middle of Winter. Zuchinis are so high in water, they are more or less ok unblanched. My sister in law told me not to bother blanching them before freezing and usually I blanche everthing, so I tried her way. When in Australia recently I bought frozen stir fries, and thought about doing a lot more of them myself before Winter, just simple ones.

joybells2, Jan 22, 8:59pm
I used to slice raw and freeze but found them bitter so I now only grate and freeze.

jennyl11, Jan 21, 8:48pm
just want to see what others do.i.e do you blanch, grate, microwave etc then freeze and how succesful is it

jag5, Jan 21, 10:39pm
I am in the process of doing this today.I am just dicing, and popping into zip lock bags.Will keep moving them so they are free flow.Great to pop into soups in the winter.Or in with tomatoes and onions to have on toast in the winter.

Last year I dried a lot for soups.worked well, but this year, don't have the time LOL

tammiraven, Jan 22, 6:46am
They say to fry or steam them . your guys sounds better

uli, Jan 23, 8:31am
bump for another zuchini and courgette season

picxie, Jan 23, 8:48am
I grate and freeze too.

switchie, Jan 23, 11:33pm
if sliced and frozen then just add a little sugar when cooking them it takes away any bitterness