Gormet Pizza

Page 2 / 4
hlblanchett, Sep 13, 5:47am
roasted capsicum, rocket, mushrooms is a nice vegetarian pizza with cheese of choice.

wisconsin, Sep 13, 6:52am
Lemon/garlicinfused olive oil brushed over the pizza dough, then over mascarpone, chozio (sp), sun dried tomatoes and sage leaves

coolthree, Sep 13, 11:22pm
thanks there's some pretty cool idea's here,any more would be appreciated,thanks everyone so far,i'll let you know how he go's.

barbs77, Sep 13, 11:35pm
This is the base recipe I use http://www.cuisine.co.nz/index.cfm?pageID=11320&r=6 I put on it a very simple homemade tomato sauce, some sopresso salami, anchovies, olives and some mozzerala (NOT the pre-grated crap in the bag from the supermarket) I also put fresh herbs on, basil or oregano. I have a pizza stone and have the oven as hot as she will go.

coolthree, Sep 14, 12:45am
Thanks Barb77 Have you used the pizza oven tray's,with holes in????,Receipe sounds yummy will put it up for test...cheers

barbs77, Sep 14, 12:48am
I used to use one of those trays with holes, didnt really do any good. I would buy a pizza stone if I was you, I use it for all sorts of things, heating bread rolls etc as well as pizza.

coolthree, Sep 14, 1:37am
Thanks barbs77 It's her birthday on Sunday,i'll add that to her collection,where would be a good place to get a good quality stone?????????????/

uli, Sep 14, 1:52am
Mitre 10 used to sell them complete with a little stand so if wanted you could heat it up in the oven then transfer to the table to keep bread rolls hot etc.

barbs77, Sep 14, 1:56am
I buy them for gifts along with a big pizza cutter which I buy form The Homestore, but any kitchenware shop should have them. You just have to make sure you never put them into a hot oven, they have to be heated up with the oven.

245sam, Sep 14, 1:58am
like uli I've also seen the pizza stones with stand and pizza cutter at Mitre 10 and the supermarkets also used to sell them. Kitchen shops such as Stevens do sell them - currently Stevens have "Pizza Stone 38cm & Large Knife NR$39.99" as can be seen at:-
http://www.stevens.co.nz/index.php/pi_pageid/170?ps_search=pizza&x=39&y=8

lil_miss_haley, Sep 14, 3:26am
#27 That wasn't at Outrigger on the Lagoon in Fiji was it?Thats where I had one of my best pizzas ever :)No advice on the gourmet pizza however, I'm the worst at just piling whatever I feel like on a pizza base and covering it with tons of cheese hehe

coolthree, Sep 14, 3:58am
Lets give the nation a cool collection of reaLLY COL PIZZA TOPPINGS.

cottagerose, Sep 14, 7:15am
"#38 Yes it was actually. Divine eh!!

gaspodetwd, Sep 14, 8:42am
my best one was in siena justreal prosciutto, and buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil and a few portabello mushies. Simple. keep it italian -don't add anything fancy in my book.

toffeey, Sep 14, 8:49am
Has anybody in this thread ever seen a pyrex pizza dish? I know, it sounds ghastly but partner loved it and I broke it and can't replace it. I let him use the microwave plate but that was a disaster and he refuses to use the metal ones or the stone ones because his pyrex one was so wonderful.

uli, Sep 14, 9:43am
yes I have seen them - however never used them as I either use a nice black non non-stick old round tin - or no tin at all and it goes straight onto the wood fired oven floor. Tell him to harden up and that no Italian worth his salt would bake a pizza in a glass dish anyway LOL :)

coolthree, Sep 15, 4:39am
uli thanks for your help up to now,she's getting right into it,cheers mate.

coolthree, Sep 19, 2:48am
Last wee flick around any other interesting combo's???

wron, Sep 25, 5:54am
Keeping alive as almost at the bottom!

toffeey, Sep 26, 4:00am
Love your comment Uli About the glass dish. Totally agree but partner knows what he knows and that is it. If anybody sees one for sale anywhere, please start a thread. Some things are not worth debating.

coolthree, Sep 26, 5:21am
In Auckland Stevens in all shopping centres have 38cm pizza stone sets complete with table stand and cutting blade,i think for about $39.00,i know stones by them selves often sell for about $15.00

uli, Sep 26, 5:22am
Yeah you are right there :) Hardly worth it. You can have his and hers baking dishes for the pizzas LOL :) He will see at some stage which ones come out crispier - if he likes it crispy. I know someone who always insists on a thick fat crust ....

wron, Oct 1, 3:58am
Keeping alive Bump

uli, Oct 13, 5:41am
bump for toffeey

Did you get any of those dishes?

ruby19, Oct 13, 7:11am
My fav pizza topping is caramelized onions, lightly cooked mushrooms, blue cheese , with a dribble of fruit chutney, and perhaps a little mozzarella.Another different one is refried beans, a spicy tomato chutney/salsa, chopped avo and jalapenos, with a light topping of cheese, when removed from oven swirl with sour cream. Obviously both on home made thin bases, that have a fine dusting of semolina on the bottom of the base to give an extra crunch.