Gormet Pizza

Page 4 / 4
uli, Sep 12, 5:46am
This whole episode takes about 3 minutes and you will now bake the whole lot in the hottest oven you can muster. About 300 degrees would be good, but whatever your oven does on the top setting is good. Make sure it is going full blast before you start pulling the dough in shape and adding the toppings. You do NOT want to let the dough rise, otherwise you end up with a thick fat doughey base which is what Americans like (that's why they call pizza the American pie!), but it is not an Italian nor a gourmet pizza then.

coolthree, Sep 13, 2:42am
Thanks uli We are a foodie family of sorts,however miss 19 has just shown interest in the kitchen,starting with some successful pizza's,just wanted to arm her with some classy acts,thanks again.

coolthree, Sep 13, 11:22pm
thanks there's some pretty cool idea's here,any more would be appreciated,thanks everyone so far,i'll let you know how he go's.

barbs77, Sep 13, 11:35pm
This is the base recipe I use http://www.cuisine.co.nz/index.cfm!pageID=11320&r=6 I put on it a very simple homemade tomato sauce, some sopresso salami, anchovies, olives and some mozzerala (NOT the pre-grated crap in the bag from the supermarket) I also put fresh herbs on, basil or oregano. I have a pizza stone and have the oven as hot as she will go.

coolthree, Sep 14, 12:45am
Thanks Barb77 Have you used the pizza oven tray's,with holes in!,Receipe sounds yummy will put it up for test.cheers

coolthree, Sep 14, 1:37am
Thanks barbs77 It's her birthday on Sunday,i'll add that to her collection,where would be a good place to get a good quality stone!/

245sam, Sep 14, 1:58am
like uli I've also seen the pizza stones with stand and pizza cutter at Mitre 10 and the supermarkets also used to sell them. Kitchen shops such as Stevens do sell them - currently Stevens have "Pizza Stone 38cm & Large Knife NR$39.99" as can be seen at:-
http://www.stevens.co.nz/index.php/pi_pageid/170!ps_search=pizza&x=39&y=8

cottagerose, Sep 14, 7:15am
"#38 Yes it was actually. Divine eh!

gaspodetwd, Sep 14, 8:42am
my best one was in siena justreal prosciutto, and buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil and a few portabello mushies. Simple. keep it italian -don't add anything fancy in my book.

toffeey, Sep 14, 8:49am
Has anybody in this thread ever seen a pyrex pizza dish! I know, it sounds ghastly but partner loved it and I broke it and can't replace it. I let him use the microwave plate but that was a disaster and he refuses to use the metal ones or the stone ones because his pyrex one was so wonderful.

coolthree, Sep 15, 4:39am
uli thanks for your help up to now,she's getting right into it,cheers mate.

coolthree, Sep 19, 2:48am
Last wee flick around any other interesting combo's!

uli, Sep 26, 6:22am
Yeah you are right there :) Hardly worth it. You can have his and hers baking dishes for the pizzas LOL :) He will see at some stage which ones come out crispier - if he likes it crispy. I know someone who always insists on a thick fat crust .

uli, Oct 13, 5:41am
bump for toffeey

Did you get any of those dishes!

pippi5, Oct 14, 10:21pm
Try the tomato pesto sauce on the base .Awesome!

tullyann, Oct 16, 7:30am
Going to try this just heard from our local Super market that Vegs and Salads are not being sold to there hopes.
They blame the World cup but i blame there prices, Try a little spinich as a Toping as well yummmy

sclaredy_cat, Oct 16, 9:23pm
This is a regular in our house.bread machine base with spinach, camembert, artichoke hearts, thinly sliced and precooked new potatoes (I microwave them in a drizzle of olive oil) and a bit of mozzarella over the top with a sprinkle of fresh rosemary. Even better if it's done in the inlaw's real pizza oven :)

mattdylan, Oct 16, 9:45pm
this is really tasty - chicken in tandorri paste mix with capsicum, cucumber, red onion and spincach and feta dip on top mmm
where do you buy Semolina from!

elliehen, Oct 17, 2:30am
Supermarket.in the baking aisle.

uli, Oct 17, 8:13am
bump for pizza lovers

carlosjackal, Oct 17, 9:51am
My favourite pizza topping:

chorizo, caramelised onion, olives, feta, thyme, tomato and mozzarella

Best Ever Bread Machine Pizza Dough:

2 teaspoons dried granulated yeast
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup water, plus
2 tablespoons water

Directions:

Place all the above ingredients in the order I have listed into the bread machine.

Select the dough cycle and press start!

When the dough cycle is complete, take the dough out of the machine and place in well greased bowl, and roll the dough around (in the bowl) thus'coating' it in oil.

Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1/2 an hour.

Knead the risen dough lightly.

To shape and bake: roll the dough into a circle.

Place on well greased baking tray or pizza pan.

Then add a topping of your choice and bake at 225'C.

NOTE: for a nice crisp and very thin pizza, bake BEFORE adding the topping AND after!

wendalls, Oct 18, 12:56am
The best pizza I ever made was using indian style flavours! I used this cerebos mango chutney which they must have stopped making. I have never been able to recreate it quite the same. Does anyone know of any mango chutneys that arent too strongly tasting of ginger! I am going to try with tamarillo chutney soon. Also used chicken, banana, (you gotta try that!) cashews, red onion, fresh coriander and drizzled yoghurt dressing over at the end.mmm might be on the menu tonight I think!

uli, Nov 3, 5:01am
My pizzas are always very thin, and I never bake before and after topping. The success has to do with the maturity of the dough and the heat of the oven.

So make the dough a few days before you need it and keep it covered in the fridge and you will have very nice thin crispy bases.

And heat the oven to the max before putting the pizza in.

Also only prepare the dough and topping the minute you can put it into the very hot oven, so it doesn't rise and doesn't make a doughy bread-like base.

Although if you are American you might like that version - I think they call it "deep-dish" pizza.