Lolly cake

mike547, Jan 12, 10:50pm
has anyone made lolly cake with lite condensed milk, i accidently picked up the lite instead of the normal one, do you think the lolly cake will be as nice

pickles7, Jan 12, 10:56pm
Try it, and let us know.

margyr, Jan 12, 11:12pm
it will be fine, you may just have to add a bit more biscuit as I dont think the lite one is as thick as the normal.

mike547, Jan 12, 11:16pm
ok have made it and you are right it is very runny the lite one.and I used pams malt biscuits that don't seem very malty.I usually double the mixtrue when I make it but decided to just do the one mix just in case its not very nice.Ha ha will let you know later what it tastes like.
Thanks

margyr, Jan 12, 11:20pm
if it does not set just mush it all back up again with more crushed biscuits. I am sure it will taste yum.

anggarry, Aug 9, 2:21am
Can I use margarine instead of butter in lolly cake!

lisapisa2, Aug 9, 2:33am
I never put butter in lolly cake, just use most of the can of condensed milk instead. You'll have to leave it in fridge longer before you cut it though

actiongirl1, Aug 9, 10:54am
I purchased the lolly cake mixture from Simpli foods in Oamaru for my grand daughter and the lovely lady there pointed out that they also had a chocolate cake in a mug as well. With the cake in a mug all you have to add to it is, milk, oil and an egg.I thought they would make lovely birthday presents for little bakers.

jen211, Nov 4, 9:29pm
Please would someone be able to give the the recipie for Lolly Cake - thanks

jennyfenny1, Nov 4, 10:02pm
i made it once with budget or pams (can't remember which) malt biscuits and was very dissapointed - didn't have the right flavour at all. so now i always use the proper ones (griffins is it!) even though the cost a bit more, there is just no substitution!

karen38, Nov 4, 10:50pm
250gm malt biscuits - 180gm fruit puffs - 100gm butter - 1/2 tin condensed milk.

melt butter - take off heat, add condensed milk, lollies and crumbed biscuits. mix well.

roll into a log and roll in coconut - wrap in gladwrap and put in fridge.

nb also helps if you cut up the fruit puffs.

marshmaiden, Nov 4, 11:23pm
my daughter made it with eskimos the other night-very nice and the eskimos are easier to cut up too.same method as above

claudeandstu, Nov 5, 12:07am
its fine and you can eat more cause its lower in fat

jessie981, Nov 5, 2:17am
If you have Binn Inn in your area Jen, they have prepackaged mixture & all you need to add is the Condensed Milk. (Quick, lazy way)

southerngurl, Nov 5, 2:48am
are u serious! theres even an easier way of opening 1 can, bashing 1 bag of biscuits and chopping one bag of fruit puffs!

coolkat11, Nov 5, 4:24am
I made a gluten free lolly cake with lite condendsed milk the other day.It turned out really well and i think was nicer than the gluten version.
I used arnots rice cookies, milk and mini mallows.It wasnt runny at all.

jessie981, Nov 5, 4:30am
This was a message for jen, my TM friend.
Sure is all done!

kinna54, Nov 5, 6:19am
OOh LUV lolly cake. my fav is made with dark choc thin or dark choc wheaten biccies, and after dinner mints. YuM!
I have made many variarions over the years, using the above and choc strawberry hearts or pineapple lumps.
I always make it when the biccies are on special at pak'n'save as can get expensive! by the time you buy the biccies, condensed milk and lollies. and I like heaps of lollies in it!

rainrain1, Nov 5, 6:35am
I like to roll it into two even rolls which cut into a lolly size, don't know why, i just do

jen211, Nov 5, 7:27am
Thanks heaps jess, will make a special trip to Bin Inn - we like nice and easy!

mike547, Jan 12, 11:16pm
ok have made it and you are right it is very runny the lite one.and I used pams malt biscuits that don't seem very malty.I usually double the mixtrue when I make it but decided to just do the one mix just in case its not very nice.Ha ha will let you know later what it tastes like.
Thanks