New recipes you tried Xmas Day that were successes

Page 2 / 3
vintagekitty, Dec 29, 3:41am
and that dutch apple cake looks great too!, I love macadamia's

lynja, Dec 29, 7:13am
i make the icecream jimness but with kahlua and crunchie bars. i make it every christmas. i made the cameo cream desert from here this year but wont make again, quite crumbly and dry

lynja, Dec 29, 7:15am
should mention that i use quite a bit of kalua, certainly more than a1 tsp, prob more like 5 TBSP at least

jimness, Dec 29, 8:10am
YUM... that would make it divine!!!Do you reduce any of the other ingredients, or just add the kahlua as extra?I just finished the icecream last night.... can see it being made again soon, LOL

jimness, Dec 29, 8:11am
Recipe please.I am off to live in rarotonga in a month or so, and mangoes will be in plentiful supply

jag5, Dec 30, 4:39am
Pannacotta for breakfast dessert....topped with green and red chopped jelly and flaked chocolate.Real winner

budgel, Dec 30, 7:57am
My dear wife made panacotta for a Christmas day dessert, my son and I were both too full to try it!

spongeypud, Dec 30, 9:25am
I made Gordon Ramsay's roast potatoes with turmeric and chilli flakes (made half of his and half 'normal' roast spuds), they went down a treat.

2.5kg potatoes
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1½ tsp ground turmeric
pinch of chilli flakes, to taste
4–5 tbsp olive oil (or goose or duck fat)

Preheat the oven to 200°C. Peel the potatoes, quarter lengthways and place in a large saucepan of salted cold water. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 8 minutes.
Drain the potatoes in a colander and sprinkle with the turmeric, chilli flakes and some salt and pepper. Toss in the colander to coat evenly, then drizzle with a little of the olive oil and toss again. Put the rest of the olive oil in a roasting tray and place in the oven for a few minutes to heat up. Carefully add the potatoes and toss to coat in the oil. Roast for 40–45 minutes, turning a few times, until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper and transfer to a warmed dish to serve.

cheese-mike, Dec 30, 9:31pm
i made this great salad for the first time, I loved it and so did everyone else, it was also vegan friendly.

Barbecued mushroom and pumpkin salad

1kg pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
6 flat mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup (125ml) olive oil
2 tbs brown sugar
Salt & freshly ground pepper
Mixed salad
Crusty bread, to serve

Roast the pumpkin cubes until soft and golden
Place mushrooms in a shallow dish. Combine olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine. Pour the dressing over the mushrooms, toss well. Cover and set aside 5 minutes.
barbecue mushrooms for a few minutes until nice and cooked
Place mushrooms, pumpkin and salad leaves into a serving bowl and pour over any remaining cooking juices from the mushrooms.
Serve with bread etc.

peaknuckle, Jan 1, 6:20am
I also did a Nigella Lawson recipe - peanutbutter cups. Really easy to make and great treats. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/chocolate-peanut-butter-cups-recipe/index.html

mandi, Jan 2, 12:25am
I did a Chestnut, Cranberry and Bacon stuffing for the turkey, was delish!

karenz, Jan 2, 12:33am
Not Christmas Day but used up left over smoked chicken in a frittata.One large diced Agria potato (oar boiled in salty water first to save time), one onion finely chopped and sauteed in butter, add one cougette, diced half a round of brie, shredded chicken, half a jar of cranberry sauce and three beaten eggs,mix up so the lumps are evenly distributed, cook gently and put under grill to set the top.Great cold.

uli, Jan 2, 12:47am
Uhh - sounds nice - where did you get the chestnut from in December!
They usually get harvested in April/May here.

gerry64, Jan 2, 2:08am
cookesenntials Mamas pie - tirimusu - absolutely devine

majella5, Jan 2, 2:22am
Why are all of jimness posts gone! Banned for talking about recipes!

mandi, Jan 2, 2:40am
I got hold of some shelled frozen ones from the North Island.

ourlotnz, Jan 2, 2:56am
I made Nigella Lawson's mini raspberry cheesecakes, Mango and Avocado salad and moro bar cheesecake. Very nice :)

phoenix10111, Jan 2, 3:05am
I was just wondering the same thing.

elliehen, Jan 2, 3:23am
This is an ancient thread bumped at post #32, so the reasons for the disabling could be equally ancient.

uli, Jan 2, 4:37am
Very unusual to get banned for a year though!

nfh1, Jan 2, 4:42am
Member is actually disabled - not just banned from the boards.

juliewn, Dec 26, 1:09pm
They sound truly delicious. thanks for sharing the recipes. :-)

nickyd, Dec 27, 2:26am
I made the big Pavlova as seen on TV3 about 14th Dec - t'was lovely! Lots of oohs and aahs

wildflower, Dec 27, 4:05am
The Bread Books dinner rolls, no knead that used a starter, easy to make and so light and yum.

And cous cous salad, first time I've used the stuff, very nice but it goes everywhere!

lost-in-oz, Dec 27, 4:06am
I made the cowells pav recipe.Just made one and a half times the recipe.It was so easy to make and turned out fantastic.Nice, not too crispy shell and marshmallow inner.

http://www.pavlova.co.nz/recipe.html