DIY blue vein cheese

Page 2 / 5
kiwigal3, Jan 16, 8:15am
My husband is a cheesemaker at Whitestone Cheese and thanks you all for the nice comments :)

elliehen, Jan 16, 9:40pm
Tell him to keep up the good work!It's the best :)

elliehen, Jan 16, 9:40pm
Tell him to keep up the good work!It's the best :)

elliehen, Jan 16, 11:52pm
How is it going now, lindylambchops?

elliehen, Jan 16, 11:52pm
How is it going now, lindylambchops!

lindylambchops1, Jan 22, 12:45am
As I was going to be away from home for a week.I thought it best to put the cheese in the fridge, which has slowed down the ripening.

eurika, Jan 27, 11:10pm
How did the finish cheese turn out and do you have any more pixs to post!

eurika, Jan 27, 11:10pm
How did the finish cheese turn out and do you have any more pixs to post?

paora-tm, Jan 28, 12:26am
Any end result pics? If it looks really nasty, I'm not putting it in my mouth. :)

nzl99, Jan 28, 2:42am
Cool!I don't like blue cheese but do like people making their own goodies!

nzl99, Jan 28, 2:42am
Cool!I don't like blue cheese but do like people making their own goodies!

uli, Jan 28, 3:31am
Making your own blue vein cheese is a bit more involved than shredding cheddar and mixing it with mould :)

elliehen, Jan 28, 6:42am
If creative people allowed themselves to be discouraged by such buckets of cold water there'd be no creativity and no invention.

elliehen, Jan 28, 6:42am
If creative people allowed themselves to be discouraged by such buckets of cold water there'd be no creativity and no invention...

crystalmoon, Jan 30, 5:45am
Sounds great,will give it a try soon.Thanks for the great idea lindskii,hope someone puts some pics up soon of the finished product.

buzzy110, Jan 30, 6:05am
I wonder what happens to cream after being left out of the fridge for a week, inside a handmade ball of grated cheddar and blue cheese?!!! I cannot even begin to answer all the 'how and what' questions that spring to mind regarding the actual working of the process.

Yikes. Maybe it would be safe to eat, maybe not. Looking forward to hearing the outcome of your experiment lindylamchops.

Did you use mild, medium or tasty cheddar?

buzzy110, Jan 30, 6:05am
I wonder what happens to cream after being left out of the fridge for a week, inside a handmade ball of grated cheddar and blue cheese!! I cannot even begin to answer all the 'how and what' questions that spring to mind regarding the actual working of the process.

Yikes. Maybe it would be safe to eat, maybe not. Looking forward to hearing the outcome of your experiment lindylamchops.

Did you use mild, medium or tasty cheddar!

lindylambchops1, Jan 30, 6:57am
I ate the cheese & died!Gone to cheese heaven!

jayveee, Jan 30, 7:10am
Literally or figuratively?

elliehen, Jan 30, 7:12am
I live in cheese heaven, currently with the best parmesan I've ever encountered - pleased to meet you ;)

elliehen, Jan 30, 7:12am
I live in cheese heaven, currently with the best parmesan I've ever encountered - pleased to meet you ;)

lindylambchops1, Jan 30, 9:31am
LMAO!To be honest.it is like a rock!Doesn't appear to have grown any mould.Maybe I should just start using it.Where is lindskii when you need them!I was away for a week so had to put it in the fridge & have only just got it back out.

lindylambchops1, Jan 30, 9:31am
LMAO!!!!To be honest.....it is like a rock!Doesn't appear to have grown any mould.Maybe I should just start using it.Where is lindskii when you need them?????I was away for a week so had to put it in the fridge & have only just got it back out.

elliehen, Jan 30, 9:36am
Poor lindylambchops, you've had to take all the flak for lindskii's invention ;)

A couple of posters really sounded as though they wanted you to poison yourself just so they could say, 'I told you so.'

elliehen, Jan 30, 9:36am
Poor lindylambchops, you've had to take all the flak for lindskii's invention ;)

A couple of posters really sounded as though they wanted you to poison yourself just so they could say, 'I told you so.'