Mixers - Kitchen Aid vs Kenwood?

Page 2 / 5
honeybean, Dec 25, 10:12pm
my 30 year old kenwood has had it - only has one speed now ( really fast) and leaves metal shavings on my bench. Was going to get a new one - but after reading this not so sure.
My kenwood can not be fixed.:-(

wron, Dec 26, 6:27am
The guy at Henderson Electrical in Lincoln Rd (Auckland) fixes them and I've seen old ones there that he gets bits from - worth a phone call before you chuck it.

maryteatowel1, Dec 26, 8:28am
...i have my grandmothers kenwood mixer...it is over 50 years old...in 1958 she got it for her 25th wedding anniversary...i will keep using it until it gives up the ghost!!!...i don't believe they make them like they use to!!!

cookessentials, Dec 26, 9:06am
It comes in black as well as brushed nickel ( dearer) pearl metallic which is lovely as well as another 18 colours.

tats63, Dec 26, 9:09am
Now I'm really wishing I'd bought a KitchenAid after reading through the above posts!

cookessentials, Dec 26, 9:13am
Quite right, they dont. Those above who have 40 yo models, they are completely different to new models. KitchenAid have changed little in 91 years and old attachments still fit new machines.

rarkl, Dec 26, 9:16am
Any one got ideas on where you can get the kenwoods serviced in Chch??

sandra25, Dec 26, 7:32pm
cookessentials - I assume you have them after looking at your website? What hours are you open over the next 2 weeks? I'd love to come over and have a look at your shop and rather buy one off you locally.

annie.nz, Dec 26, 7:42pm
I said above I'd post pavlova results for the new Kenwood KMX51 - it made an excellent pavlova.I made a bigger pavlova than usual though, so will make a standard 4-white one sometime in the next day or two so I can be absolutely certain that the whites whip to the same volume as they did with my old Kenwood (which produced the same volume as a Philips hand-held mixer).Will repost once done.

Now (ducks...) I just want to say I haven't used a Kitchen Aid, so I'm not trying to say the Kenwood is better, just posting my own observations on its performance.

cookessentials, Dec 26, 8:54pm
Hi Sandra, stats off,but wed,Thur Fri this week open and same with the following week,Mon Tue off,but Wed,Thur Fri open. One left in stock ( The Anniversary Candy Apple Red) all other colours available and usually take 1-3 days to deliver.

cookessentials, Dec 26, 8:54pm
If you contact Kenwood NZ, they should be able to give you the info.

jonoandstacey, Dec 26, 9:23pm
I'm going to be really different. I have a Breville. It's awesome! 1200 watt and really awesome!!! I use it all the time and it is only about 6 months old but I love it! And it comes in different colours.

akd100, Dec 26, 11:38pm
I hadn't seen the pearly metallic before!Hmmm!I had my heart set on the deep red one, but have started thinking a black or silver might be better.

akd100, Dec 26, 11:46pm
Loving the pearl metallic!And the brushed nickel!Aggghhh I hate choices!And cookessentials, just off this topic, but what would I look under on your website to find little cases (metal) to cook fruit mince tarts in?

seaspray1, Dec 27, 3:20am
Love my Candy Apple Red Kitchenaid.It's pearly and beautiful.Had it about 18 months.I still stroke it when I walk past it.My husband thinks I'm nuts.Oh and it works well too.......

alebix, Dec 27, 3:43am
I would LOVE a candy apple red mixer, couldnt care less about the brand, just love the colour lol..

Nah, I prefer a kenwood, only because I dont know much about kitchen Aid.

cookessentials, Dec 27, 3:50am
My trademe username works well

cookessentials, Dec 27, 4:09am
The candy apple red is just gorgeous...think toffee apple red with a bit of glitter for effect.

lyl_guy, Dec 27, 4:22am
Have been looking at the kitchenaid mixers (Dreaming lol).... best price I can find online in NZ is at Millys Kitchen, for $899.On the wish list!

cookessentials, Dec 27, 5:04am
She has not adjusted her prices! They are $995 as of 1 November. Nobody is allowed to discount these machines,so her website manager is behind the eight ball.

akd100, Dec 27, 5:10am
Was that for me??I found your website, but not sure what section to look under, because I'm not sure what they are called??

cookessentials, Dec 27, 5:19am
Look under appliances

akd100, Dec 27, 6:58am
For the fruit mince tart tins?

kulkkulbelle, Dec 27, 7:05am
I have a Kitchen Aid as I loved the look of it. Makes wonderful cakes and stuff.Had a secondhand Kenwood for years and that was great too. I prefer the retro Kitchen Aid look and the mixing ability of it.

cookessentials, Dec 27, 8:00am
LOL, no, sorry. For the patty pans, look under baking tins.