Good hint for whipping cream.....

Page 2 / 2
wingee, Dec 22, 8:52pm
thanks, I made the Anabel Langbein coconut mini pavs, think I will just whip the cream as they will be sweet enough on their own, her recipe said just whip cream, so assumed no added sweetners to to it.I normally do add the icing sugar and vanilla.

malcovy, Dec 22, 10:03pm
I cannot stand whipped cream but love Chantilly cream and its just a fancier word for whipped cream, sweetened and vanilla added.I like the tip about instant pudding, great one to pass on but before I do that I will test.

korbo, Dec 24, 4:11am
for a more tasty cream, add a tablespoon of baileys,kahlua or any other coffee flavoured liquer.rather nice,

juliewn, Dec 24, 1:04pm
We sometimes use brown sugar instead of white or icing sugar when whipping cream - gives a slight caramelly taste that is rather good.

juliewn, Dec 26, 12:32pm
I made individual pavlova's for dinner yesterday. was going to decorate them with whipped cream and boysenberries, then decided to make a change - I'd made Boysenberry Jam on Christmas Eve. so added 2 large tablespoons of the jam to the contents of a bottle of cream, and whipped them together. a lovely pink colour, and with boysenberries on top, it was truly delicious. highly recommended.

tahnasha, Dec 26, 1:20pm
Must say I miss the cream in NZ.When I moved to Oz a couple of years ago, I grabbed some cream, took it home and whipped it.Well I was standing their whipping it for ages, and it wasn't thickening.20 minutes later, it still wasn't thick.Rang my friend.She laughed and said arrrrgh, all the newbie Kiwis get caught out.You've got to look on the label and make sure it's whipping cream!I always thought all cream whipped, but apparently not!

cookessentials, Dec 27, 3:44am
I just do plain cream. Some people like to add a little vanilla and icing sugar.

retired, Dec 27, 5:21am
I have done this for years but I only use a heaped teaspoon of vanillainstant pudding.When it has been piped it stays firm.

wheelz, Dec 27, 6:19am
I have heard tv chefs say to add a little icing sugar( not for sweetness)butto help cream keep its shape. As there is a percentage of cornflour in icing sugar. I guess the vanilla pud would do the same.

player_smurf, Dec 27, 8:54am
I always do this especially if taking a desert out somewhere as a BBQ.you cannot taste the vanilla instant pudding at all.

uli, Dec 27, 8:42pm
bump for another year

pickles7, Dec 27, 9:00pm
I will need to buy a pkt and try this.

I noticed this year the cream did not whip up as well as other years. We bought our cream we used on boxing day 1 week before, it usually has a thick top on the cream after 1 week needing a knife to get it out of the bottle. This years cream, there was not even a little thickened cream on top.

sarahb5, Dec 27, 9:29pm
Not everything needs to be sweetened, thickened or mucked about with - love fresh cream, softly whipped, with nothing added to it.Just whip as much as you need when you need it.In fact, I don't even whip it - I have one of those shaker thingies and just put it in there and give it to a child to shake for me.

uli, Dec 27, 10:19pm
Handy to have - those children aye :)
Sometimes.
For short periods .

fruitbat, Dec 27, 10:25pm
Hmmmmmmm! YUM

sarahb5, Dec 27, 10:42pm
Except when one of them doesn't know his own strength and you nearly end up with butter!