Good hint for whipping cream.....

Page 1 / 2
brajama, Dec 22, 5:21pm
When whipping cream, add 1 dessertspoon of vanilla instant pudding, as the cream thickens and continue beating till correct consistency. This way, you can keep it in fridge till wanted, without getting those watery layers.

cookessentials, Dec 22, 5:37pm
If you overwhip cream this is when you get the watery bits when stored. If you whip till softwhip consistency, you will prevent this.

lx4000, Dec 22, 6:23pm
great hint !! cheers:)

(barloo)

wingee, Dec 22, 6:42pm
Do you add anything to the cream? ie vanilla essence, icing sugar? or just whip straight cream? TIA

gardie, Dec 22, 8:19pm
Cream definately need a little icing sugar and a few drops vanilla essence.If putting cream onto a pav though, I don't put in the sugar.Probably the only time I don't add extras. I am paranoid about overmixing cream and tend to underdo it - it does still seperate a little when left - a quick stir will remedy this.

purplegoanna, Dec 22, 8:27pm
oooh thats sounds like a 'devine intervention' im going to add it to my trifle cream....mmmmm

cookessentials, Dec 22, 8:30pm
I have it plain myself and in certain desserts, I would not want the sweet icing sugar and vanilla taste,but sometimes,depending on the dessert you are doing, it is very nice.

wingee, Dec 22, 8:52pm
thanks, I made the Anabel Langbein coconut mini pavs, think I will just whip the cream as they will be sweet enough on their own, her recipe said just whip cream, so assumed no added sweetners to to it.I normally do add the icing sugar and vanilla.

malcovy, Dec 22, 10:03pm
I cannot stand whipped cream but love Chantilly cream and its just a fancier word for whipped cream, sweetened and vanilla added.

pines, Dec 24, 3:21am
I find adding a pinch of baking soda towards the end of beating cream keeps it thick

harrislucinda, Dec 24, 3:30am
wellminefreshseperatedso 1day andisthick as

korbo, Dec 24, 4:11am
for a more tasty cream, add a tablespoon of baileys,kahlua or any other coffee flavoured liquer...rather nice,

gardie, Dec 24, 4:13am
Ooh - that would be nice on my trifle.Have tia maria cheesecake so a splash of that in the trifle maybe!

juliewn, Dec 24, 1:04pm
We sometimes use brown sugar instead of white or icing sugar when whipping cream - gives a slight caramelly taste that is rather good..

macac, Dec 25, 9:38pm
I always add splash of Maple syrup

pickles7, Dec 25, 10:04pm
Sounds like a good idea.
We used stabilizer in our bakery, as we needed the cream to last all day.
It is more to do with the water content left in the cream, it used to be a huge problem in our bakery. We had to deal with the problem with the health dept. years ago. There is now guidelines as to how much water can be left in our cream.
It is best to whip older cream, as the fresh will sometimes turn to butter before thickening, lol. no matter how careful you are.

uli, Dec 25, 11:22pm
Can highly recommend this recipe!
It went very nicely onto some fried bananas rolled up in crepes!

craig04, Dec 26, 2:36am
OMG - *drools* fried bananas in crepes with chantilly cream.*goes off to happy place*.

juliewn, Dec 26, 12:32pm
I made individual pavlova's for dinner yesterday.. was going to decorate them with whipped cream and boysenberries, then decided to make a change - I'd made Boysenberry Jam on Christmas Eve.. so added 2 large tablespoons of the jam to the contents of a bottle of cream, and whipped them together.. a lovely pink colour, and with boysenberries on top, it was truly delicious.. highly recommended..

tahnasha, Dec 26, 1:20pm
Must say I miss the cream in NZ.When I moved to Oz a couple of years ago, I grabbed some cream, took it home and whipped it.Well I was standing their whipping it for ages, and it wasn't thickening.20 minutes later, it still wasn't thick.Rang my friend.She laughed and said arrrrgh, all the newbie Kiwis get caught out.You've got to look on the label and make sure it's whipping cream!I always thought all cream whipped, but apparently not!

lindylambchops1, Dec 28, 1:24am
I liked the sound of Chantilly Cream so made some it was delicious!I halved this recipe:600mls thick cream, 1.3c sour cream, 1/2c castor sugar, 2 tspns vanilla essence, 1 T grand marnier or brandyJust whip it all together!Enjoy!

lx4000, Dec 22, 6:23pm
great hint ! cheers:)

(barloo)

wingee, Dec 22, 6:42pm
Do you add anything to the cream! ie vanilla essence, icing sugar! or just whip straight cream! TIA

gardie, Dec 22, 8:19pm
Cream definately need a little icing sugar and a few drops vanilla essence.If putting cream onto a pav though, I don't put in the sugar.Probably the only time I don't add extras. I am paranoid about overmixing cream and tend to underdo it - it does still seperate a little when left - a quick stir will remedy this.

purplegoanna, Dec 22, 8:27pm
oooh thats sounds like a 'devine intervention' im going to add it to my trifle cream.mmmmm