Whats your Ham glazing..

t.gypsy, Dec 14, 8:03pm
I am hoping to do one for the first time this year as with making fruit mince tarts etc etc. I am wanting to see what glazing you people to andconjure something of my own. Mom usually does the pineapple,brown suga syrup glazing.

I am thinking of an apricot ginger glazing

suzanna, Dec 14, 8:13pm
There is a nice one in this week's New World flyer but I can't find my copy sorry...it may have gone to recycling heaven. From memory the recipe had redcurrent jelly and maple syrupalong with other ingredients. Someone on here is bound to have it.

t.gypsy, Dec 14, 8:14pm
Yes i have seen that one too. It looks nice. was wondering who else might have some ideas

valentino, Dec 14, 11:08pm
Just use what you may think you want, taste as you mix before using as a glaze, Apricot jam in itself has ingredients that will stick hence if ginger is added and mix further with a little bit of water would be enough to use as a glaze.

If extra body is needed, simply add a little of soft brown sugar, once again - just merely sample taste as you go.

Hopes this helps.

trader125, Oct 30, 9:55pm
I have never done one before but am going to give it ago,there is one on tv food in a minute ad?orange juice,maple syrup mustard.,think I wil give it ago