Shaved ham needs using up - ideas please

tiddles7, Feb 6, 11:21pm
Don't really want to do a quiche or Mac n Cheese.

245sam, Feb 6, 11:27pm
tiddles7, have you considered freezing the shaved ham? :-))

chicco2, Feb 6, 11:30pm
I throw it in the freezer, often buy it on special and freeze it. Handy to throw on a Pizza or in Mac Cheese.
How about microwave baked spuds and fill with cheese, ham, onion etc. Or savoury muffins?

supercook, Feb 6, 11:43pm
I cut it up before freezing it so you can throw it straight on a pizza or into mac n cheese. or throw it in savoury pinwheel scones

pickles7, Feb 7, 12:10am
Before freezing your shaved ham, take into consideration on its age, after being sliced. Also if your fridge is working properly. If it is sort of old, fry it like bacon, maybe with a little lambs fry, a few tomatoes.
Sliced cold meats don't take long to get that greasy feeling. I always ask for any cold meats to be sliced fresh.[ "just a little thicker than what you have in your display"] Can get the Deli hands, a bit excited. But then I have seen new slices being put on top of the old, on top of the old, on top of the old, if all staff did that, how old is your sliced meat???. The supermarkets are now buying in a lot of meats all ready sliced, scary as ah. I am one who is shopping more and more at the local butchers.

horizons_, Feb 7, 1:10am
Yes. And if you do buy from the stack, ask them to remove the top slice before packing any for you. Tiddles, more ideas to use it up :-
Omelettes, toasted sandwhiches, add to cooked pasta and pesto, salad, pizza, sutffed chicken/suasages etc, etc.

sue1955, Mar 29, 5:03pm
My cat just loves it!