boney chicken parts - ideas?

lizab, Mar 2, 12:37am
Just cut off the breasts from a fresh chook, so I can make butter chicken for the kids tonight. I am uninspired as to what to do with the two legs and thighs now! I've taken the skin off them too! I thought I might just cook them in the sauce for half an hour more than the boned pieces. Any other brainwaves please? ?

valentino, Mar 2, 12:59am
Makes great chicken stock, just cover with enough water to keep the flavour and liquidy then allow to cool and freeze into small portions ready for use.

darlingmole, Mar 2, 2:09am
I would probably use it for soup ... chinese style I'm thinking

bin-boy-lin, Mar 2, 2:36am
Seeing my message was deleted I will try again:

I buy chicken carcasses from the Mad Butcher for about 30 cents each, boil them up for soup or chicken stew with heaps of corn in it. Cheap eating but a bit figgitty removing all the meat.

fisher, Mar 2, 3:50am
lizab... you are using the wrong parts for your butter chicken... strip down the legs, thighs etc to use in your butter chicken and use the breasts for a nice pan fry in butter and tarragon...

maxwell.inc, Mar 2, 4:09am
It wasnt deleted. . you put it in the wrong thread

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=197114

lizab, Mar 2, 7:27am
thanks everyone - yes Fisher, you're probably right. There's far more taste in the boney parts - just a bit more fiddly to cut up into nice even pieces and the kids wouldn't notice anyway! Ended up cooking it all into butter chicken! Apple and blackberry crumble for pud too - yum! !

valentino, Mar 2, 7:56am
My post of #2 was only referring to using bones... .

Cheers.