Buying breadmaker, ingredient buying advice please

Page 2 / 2
grandma, Dec 12, 8:38am
Years ago, when I bought my Breville Baker's Oven breadmaker, it had an Australian recipe book with it and I had failure after failure, until a friend said to get the New Zealand book with New Zealand measurements in it.I rang Breville and they sent me a photocopied one and I haven't looked back.The recipe I have quoted is from that and I use it all the time, although my husband prefers the French Bread one (which I will post if you would like it.)Check to see what book you have porthills.I use olive oil.

porthills, Dec 12, 8:36pm
I just rang Bin Inn to check on price of flour. high grade is $12.99 for 5 kg or $2-50 per kg. I just had a thought do you use self raising or plain or doesnt it matter?
I probably wont get into Ch Ch till the weekend to pick it up.

porthills, Dec 14, 7:28pm
Geez High Grade (homebrand & champion) is cheaper at our local supervalue which surprizes me.

What is the best way of cutting the bread please, I've seen those cutting things on here but they dont look good to me and too thin. An electric knife? Just a good serated knife? Maybe I should pop down to Jo Seagars and see what she's got, she'll probably know whats best I spose, not a cheap shop though.

jess_da_angel, Apr 9, 5:13pm
my bread receipe i use is one i made up and it works a treat as a krank out a loaf a day as we dont buy any bread the receipe is
4 tsp surebake yeast(powder not grains)
4 cups of flour (i use budget)
1 Tbsp milk powder(optional)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups warm water

and than press quick loaf and in no time you have bread