Catering Help

fee1965, Dec 8, 1:04am
I am providing a platter or 2 for a 21st, and as there will be saus rolls and savouries thought I would stay away from pastry.Any suggestions (savoury) what I can do? Don't want anything deep fried, and preferably can be eaten cold.Looking for something that says WOW!

margyr, Dec 8, 1:09am
club sandwiches, cheese platter, seafood platter, meat platter, fresh fruit platter, savoury eggs, cheese ball and crackers, good luck hope you have fun.

fee1965, Dec 8, 1:12am
was gonna do a sweet one, choc dipped strawbs and cherries, and few fresh pineapple slices, dried apricots etc, then a savoury one.
club sammies seem very labour intensive and hard to find fridge room until served.Cheese ball is good idea, maybe with hummus etc

margyr, Dec 8, 1:27am
Cooked Shelled Prawns Served with Dipping Sauces, Sweet Chilli, Thousand Island, Mayonnaise. If you go to google and type tasty cold food platters there are loads of ideas there.

fee1965, Dec 8, 2:02am
Hmmmm, prawns, now that is a good idea!They would look WOW! and taste good too.Thanks :-)

duckmoon, Dec 8, 8:49am
club sandwiches - asparagus rolls, chicken rolls...

NB: I discovered today that a tin of asparagus has between 22 and 25 spears of asparagus in it.

goldgurl_design, Dec 8, 5:54pm
*sweet sticky chicken nibbles :)

korbo, Oct 8, 10:54am
this always goes well for our family gatherings.
sliced ham/chick, with a gerkin wrapped up and a toothpick, or just thick tomato relish and cheese wrapped up.