Catering question

boon99, Sep 14, 6:57am
How much money would you allow per person for a basic function food wise. Sausage rolls, chicken nibbles, sammies etc.
TIA

pickles7, Sep 14, 7:49am
An open question, maybe in need of a blank cheque.

noonesgirl, Sep 14, 7:57am
Sounds boring. What is the function?

nfh1, Sep 14, 7:57am
Are you doing it yourself?

boon99, Sep 14, 8:20am
LOL no I am not catering just wondering what the price per head would be.
A function you wouldnt be interested in obviously noonesgirl hehe.
Just a basic idea of food that night be provided could be slightly different.

nfh1, Sep 14, 9:35am
You could try ringing a few caterers or cafes for a rough idea.Not sure if you have Lions Groups in your area but sometimes they will cater to raise funds.

martine5, Sep 14, 9:37am
I don't think anyone would guess this based on such little info.
May I suggest you add the following info
What is the function - is it a meal, a supper, what time of day?
What is the gender make up - mixed, blokes?
Would you be making the food yourself from scratch or buying in?
How many people are you looking to cater for?
Where is the function is the cost covering venue hire as well?

lizab, Sep 14, 9:59am
depending on how many people and how much food they require, a basic finger food function could be anything between $8-$15 per person

kob, Sep 14, 5:13pm
Depends on the function, we have just successfully catered for 420 people at a cost of $500 but cakes were donated by friends and family and the sandwish makers worked for love. That was 300 savories, 12 loaves of bread made in too club sammies, 4 loaves made into asparagus rolls and what ever cakes came our way. we all took our white tableclothes and platters out and had never ending compliments, it can be done but when i ws prefessionally catering we would charge $5-$6 per person forbasic finger food

boon99, Mar 19, 2:11am
Thank you everyone for your input, your rough estimates on costs to feed per head were just what I needed.
Just have some people that are thinking that it would cost under $5 per head to serve a decent amount of food.
When we have done community based functions before I have done it the way you suggested kob and people are wonderful at helping out when needed. But this time we are wanting to thank the people in the area :)